Slow to move online
- e is for effort. Wilson, Dave // Design Engineering;Feb2000, p8
Reports on the Great Britain Department of Trade and Industry's launch of its ISI/Interforum electronic commerce awards. Total prize money of the competition; Recognition and rewarding of the best practice of e-commerce among companies; Contact information.
- ...15m to tackle Efraud. // Cabinet Maker;11/5/99, Issue 5162, p5
Announces the funding to tackle electronic shopping fraud by the Department of Trade and Industry in Great Britain.
- DTI welcomes E-commerce report. // Credit Management;Jul99, p13
Reports on the finalization of policy proposals to facilitate growth of electronic commerce in Great Britain by the Department of Trade and Industry. Government services to be electronically available in full by 2008.
- Realities of Internet revealed. // Cabinet Maker;6/14/2002, Issue 5291, p5
Provides information on the report 'Ecommerce Impact Assessment Reports for Office/Contract and Domestic Furniture Sectors,' by the Department of Trade and Industry of Great Britain. Percentage of companies that have a formal electronic commerce strategy; Factors that posed a challenge to the...
- Fire safety review still smouldering. // Cabinet Maker;4/12/2002, Issue 5282, p1
Reveals the plans of the Dept. of Trade and Industry to review the flammability regulations in the furniture industry in Great Britain. Aim of the agency to enhance consumer safety; Conference of several agencies with trade associations; Failure of the department to produce proposals.
- No news is bad news. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;4/12/2002, Issue 5282, p1
Comments on issues concerning the plans of the Dept. of Trade and Industry to review the Furniture and Furnishings Regulations in Great Britain. Conference of the agency with trade associations; Reasons for the delays in revising the regulations; Problems in which the proposed review would address.
- First time DTI funding for Polish show. // Cabinet Maker;12/12/97, Issue 5068, p35
Reports on the decision of the Great Britain Department of Trade and Industry to sponsor British participants to the Meble/Drema furniture show in Poland scheduled for May 4-8, 1998.
- DTI likely to come up with cash to develop e-business. // Professional Engineering;06/07/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p4
Reports that the Great Britain Department of Trade and Industry is studying the use and potential of electronic commerce in the different industries of the country. Amount committed by the agency for the exploratory studies; Need for the government to exploit electronic trade; Prediction for...
- Draft EU e-business rules published. Thomas, Daniel // Computer Weekly;3/14/2002, p10
Reports the publication of draft regulation of the electronic-commerce directive by the Department of Trade and Industry in Great Britain. Provision of information to consumers in concluding electronic-contract; Identification of national law applicable to online services.