Top guns rank and smile
- Good things come in threes. // Cabinet Maker;06/21/2002, Issue 5292, p5
Reports the results of the Big Shots clay pigeon shooting event, a fund raising activity for the Furnishing Trades Benevolent Association in Great Britain in 2002. Winners of the competition; Value of the donation of Furniture Village; Amount of money raised by the event;
- Teams on target for shoot-day charity. // Estates Gazette;7/17/2010, Issue 1028, p96
The article discusses the highlights of the 25th anniversary Property Gun and Punt Club Clay Pigeon Shoot held at the Holland & Holland Shoot Ground in Middlesex, England in June 2010 wherein 1,900 pounds have been raised for the LionHeart charity and the Wedlake Bell Team emerged as Top Guns.
- Gold medal ammunition. // Outdoor Life;Nov92, Vol. 190 Issue 5, p17
Reports that for the first time in three decades, US Shooting Team (USST) members won medals in the summer Olympics using American-made ammunition. Winners Launi Meili and Bob Foth; Ammo used.
- Industry hot shots. // Cabinet Maker;6/27/2003, Issue 5344, p39
Highlights Furnishing Trades Benevolent Association's 2003 Big Shots clay pigeon shooting competition in London, England. Best dressed awardees; Winners of the top team prize; Participants in the competition.
- Long-range lessons. Carmichael, Jim // Outdoor Life;Dec96, Vol. 198 Issue 6, p28
Focuses on the 1,000-yard rifle competitions in the United States. Record-setting shots by John Voneida at the Master's Tournament; Williamsport brand of 1,000-yard shooting; Cartridges used for the competitions; Bruce Baer's success in long-range shooting.
- NAVAIRES sends team to Pacific Fleet Match competition. Schneider, Erik // All Hands;Sep96, Issue 953, p46
The article presents information on the Pacific Fleet Match held at Camp Pendleton, California.
- They shoot pigeons, don't they? Chu, D.; Nugent, T. // People;9/16/91, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p115
Covers the controversy over the annual Fred Coleman Memorial Shoot in Hegins, Pa. Begun in 1934, the pigeon shoot raised $10,000 dollars this year for charities and local civic organizations. About 1,000 animal rights activists were on hand to protest. Event; Reactions; Injuries and arrests.
- Burnet County 4-H Rifle Team has hot month. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/11/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 28, p9B
The article reports on the performances and awards won by members of the Burnet County 4-H Rifle Team in Texas in several rifle shooting competitions in June 2007, namely the Brownwood Hot-Box statewide competition, the North Texas Callahan County Statewide Invitation Match and the 4-H Roundup...
- A Worthwhile Thing. McGee, John "Maggie" // Bowhunter;Oct/Nov2001, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p114
Presents an amusing story about a bowhunter and his quarrelsome wife and his participation on a shooting contest with gun shooters.