Charity does begin at home
- Good things come in threes. // Cabinet Maker;06/21/2002, Issue 5292, p5
Reports the results of the Big Shots clay pigeon shooting event, a fund raising activity for the Furnishing Trades Benevolent Association in Great Britain in 2002. Winners of the competition; Value of the donation of Furniture Village; Amount of money raised by the event;
- RDT shoot raises Â£7,000. // DIY Week;8/23/2013, Issue 5736, p4
The article reports that Rainy Day Trust (RDT), a do-it-yourself (DIY) and housewares industry charity, has raised more than Â£7,000 at the annual clay pigeon shoot held at the Royal Berkshire shooting school in Berkshire, England in July 2013.
- Shooting with the stars. // Outdoor Life;Jan92, Vol. 189 Issue 1, p50
Gives details on the Charlton Heston Celebrity Shoot. Sponsored by the National Rifle Association, this annual event benefits the US Olympic Shooting Team. Looks at some of the stars that participated.
- ALL FIRED UP FOR CLAY PIGEON SHOOT. // Estates Gazette;12/5/2009, Issue 948, p61
The article presents the call of property veterans Greg Nicholson and Paul White for participants in the clay pigeon shooting fund raising event to be held at the Royal Berskshire Shooting School in England on May 21, 2010 for the benefit of Willow Foundation.
- Wolfgang Puck serves up etiquette for students. Crom, Meggin // Las Vegas Business Press;6/16/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p10
Reports on several fund raising and charitable events in Las Vegas, Nevada in 2003. Details about a multi course, gourmet meal for students from Charles I. West Middle School to teach lessons on etiquette basics; Annual Celebrity Walter Dinner fundraiser by the Junior League of Las Vegas;...
- Local credit union uses Intranet to raise $6,200 for charity. // Las Vegas Business Press;04/24/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p25
Presents news items concerning charitable activities in Las Vegas, Nevada as of April 24, 2000. Fund raising campaign of Community One Federal Credit Union for United Way; Donation received by the Henderson Commemorative Beautification Commission from LandWell Co.; Staging of the 7th annual...
- Deadbeats and broken promises: when pledge drives stall. Pandolfi, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the failure of nonprofit and charitable institutions to generate pledges due to delinquent donations. Use of public relations to entice donations; Awareness over funding shortages; How to ensure fulfillment rates during pledges.
- Gala raises $7,500 for Philadelphia-area charities. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/30/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p26
Reports on the April 4, 2001, charity dinner gala for the benefit of Saint Barnabas Mission, Project H.O.M.E. and The Farmer's Market Trust in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Participation of international vocalist, Patti LaBelle; Holding of the event at the Bluzette restaurant operated by soul...
- YOUR IDEAS WANTED! // Nonprofit World Funding Alert;Apr2010, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p13
The article calls for sharing suggestions on fundraising tips including, soliciting grants, planning events and experience of running charitable development programs.