- ASK THE EXPERTS. SUSMAN, JOHN // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Jul2013, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p23
The article answers a question about winter as a peak season for mirror dory fish in Australia.
- John Dory. // Encyclopedia of Animals;2006, p1
The John Dory is a tall, thin, golden fish. There are many legends and tales that attempt to explain this fish's unusual name and the unusual marking it has on each of its sides.
- Things that better. Hoy, Anthony // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/29/2005, Vol. 123 Issue 6498, p22
The article focuses on various issues related to fish food in Australia. Australia's appetite for fish and chips is being fed by Pacific dory, Mekong River catfish. Pacific dory is now Australia's biggest-selling fish. The problem, according to the chairman of the Australian Fish Names...
- FRESH & LOCAL. Clarke, John // FMCG;Aug2013, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p18
The article highlights developments in produce, fish and meat supply in New Zealand. In the fish and seafood section, in season products include blue cod, dory and Gurnard. Red meats that are on the rise include lamb, mutton and farmed venison. Meanwhile, all New Zealand seasons apples are...
- First record of Zenion hololepis (Zenionidae) in Portuguese continental waters: the northernmost occurrence in the eastern Atlantic. Martins, Rogelia; Costa, Filipe O.; Murta, Alberto G.; Carneiro, Miguel; Landi, Monica // Marine Biodiversity Records;Jan2012, Vol. 5, p00
The occurrence of Zenion hololepis in Portuguese continental waters is reported for the first time. A total of five specimens were collected in two separate fisheries research surveys, in 2008 and 2009. Analyses of morphometric and meristic characteristics confirmed all five specimens as Z....
- BIOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF THE SAILFIN DORY Zenopsis conchifer (LOWE, 1852) CAUGHT BY DEEP-SEA TRAWLING FISHERY OFF SOUTHERN BRAZIL. Martins, Rodrigo Silvestre; Schwingel, Paulo Ricardo // Brazilian Journal of Oceanography;Apr-Jun2012, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p171
Biological aspects of sailfin dory, Zenopsis conchifer, were studied from 839 individuals obtained from deep-sea commercial bottom trawling off southern Brazil at depths up to 526 m in 2002 and 2003. Samples included fish from 101 mm Lt and 15 g up to 640 mm Lt and 2,9 g. The sex-ratio was 50%...
- Performance of indicators derived from abundance estimates for detecting the impact of fishing on a fish community. Trenkel, Verena M.; Rochet, Marie-Joelle // Canadian Journal of Fisheries & Aquatic Sciences;Jan2003, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p67
Examines the performance of population and community indicators derived from abundance estimates for detecting the impact of fishing on the Celtic Sea groundfish community. Change in fishing mortality required to reverse population growth rate; Biodiversity index; Proportion of noncommercial...
- Fishing: The great leveller. Booth, Glen // Asian Business Review;May95, p78
Discusses the reason for the popularity of fishing in Australia. Overseas popularity of Australian fishing reefs; Major fishing destinations; Fish species found in Australia.
- What a bass taught me about bass. Circle, H. // Boys' Life;Jul89, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p18
Recounts the secrets learned from a fish when the author was young. The bass was put in a small pond so he was able to study the habits of the fish.