MANY KILLED ON MOUNTAIN LAKE R.R
- The Perfect Squelch. Stretch, Olive M. // Saturday Evening Post;2/5/1949, Vol. 221 Issue 32, p106
The article presents an anecdote about a woman waiting to ride in a trolley in Los Angeles, California.
- Cleaning wheels. McGuirk, Marty // Model Railroader;Mar2001, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p111
Offers tips for keeping the wheels of model trains dirt-free. Two most important factors that influence the frequency of the cleaning regimen; Two approaches to wheel-cleaning.
- Trolley service reinstated. // Modern Railways;Aug2012, Vol. 69 Issue 767, p36
The article offers information on the train trolley service being offered by Grub on the Go in England.
- Homestead Trolley To Everglades And Biscayne National Parks Hits The Road Saturday. // National Parks Traveler;1/2/2014, p1
The article reports on the beginning of Homestead Trolley service from Homestead, Florida, to Everglades and Biscayne national parks after the partnership between the community and the two national parks. It states that within the parternership, national parks have decided to provide free...
- Knowledge of the wheel-rail interface incomplete. // Railway Gazette International;Jul2003, Vol. 158 Issue 7, p427
Provides information on issues discussed at the CM2003 conference at Chalmers University of Technology in GÃ¶teborg, Sweden, on June 10 to 13, 2003. Importance of research on wheel-rail interaction; Effect of the increase in rolling contact fatigue damage on railroad companies; Actions made...
- Track Miles. Miles, Tony // Modern Railways;Jul2005, Vol. 62 Issue 682, p64
Focuses on studies about the wheel/rail interface in Great Britain. Amount of grant awarded by Network Rail to the Rail Technology Unit (RTU) at Manchester Metropolitan University in England for a virtual test facility; Remarks from RTU manager Simon Iwnicki on wheels and rails; Involvement of...
- Trolley manufacturer has it together with rivet-free bonding. Reitz, Victoria; Higgins, Amy; Koucky, Sherri // Machine Design;02/08/2001, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p35
Deals with the use of the 3M VHB tape in attaching the interior and exterior panels of the vintage trolley frames made by Molley Trolley Corp. Previous use of unsightly rivets on the frames; How a trolley is built; Advantages of using VHB tape.
- Pre-Surveying Helps Keep Railroads on Track. // GEOInformatics;Sep2012, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p22
The article offers information on the contract awarded by Deutsche Bahn AG, railway service provider to Spitzke SE, rail infrastructure company in Hesse, Germany. It mentions that under the contract old sleepers and rails were replaced with new machines. It mentions that Spitzke use Trimble GEDO...
- INTERACTION BETWEEN AN UNBALANCED WHEEL AND A DISCRETELY SUPPORTED RAIL. MAZILU, Traian // Annals of the Faculty of Engineering Hunedoara - International J;Aug2014, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p183
The paper herein presents a new model of the interaction between an unbalanced wheel and rail. Acceleration of the wheel and the wheel/rail contact force are the most important parameters depending on the wheel unbalance. In fact, the two parameters increase strongly when the velocity is higher...