- Going Batty. Hortopan, Karen // WILD (1492014X);Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p33
Presents information on bats in Australia. Nutrition; Physical features; Conservation programs. INSETS: FAST FACTS;Bat Facts.
- Founder's Circle Ecotour. // BATS Magazine;Winter2009, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p14
The article focuses on an exploration of the bats and wildlife of Trinidad with Nina Fascione, the executive director of the Bat Conservation International (BCI).
- WEEKLY READER:. // World Almanac for Kids;2005, p35
The article looks at various species of bats. There are almost a thousand species of bats worldwide. Some have huge ears and unusual faces. In fact, a bat's face can teach you about its habits. Vampire bats can be found in Mexico, Central America, and South America. They drink blood, but it...
- NOISY NOSE. // Scholastic SuperScience;Mar2007, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p3
The article focuses on a scientific discovery which establishes that the wrinkly noses of some bats help them see in the dark.
- Bat at Night. // Scholastic News -- Edition 1;Oct2003, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p1
Presents information on the behavior of bats during night and day.
- Bat at Night. // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Oct2003, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p1
Presents information on the behavior of bats during night and day. INSET: The Biggest Bat!.
- The Strangest Night Animals. // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Oct2006, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p1
The article describes some nocturnal animals, including bats, tarsier and squid.
- The Truth About Bats. // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Oct2010, Vol. 67 Issue 2, Special section p1
The article describes a true-or-false activity which instructs children to find out the truth about bats, particularly their species and behavior.
- Bizarre Bats of the Burrows. Archer, Michael // Nature Australia;Spring98, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p70
Presents information on the Lesser Short-tailed Bat, one of New Zealand's most striking biological claims to fame. Features of Lesser Short-tailed Bat; Difference of Lesser bats to other normal bats; Feeding behaviors of the Lesser bats; Evolutionary relationships of this family of bats.