Wild Turkey Brood Survey
- Changes to Turkey Hunting Seasons. // New York State Conservationist;Oct2015, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p30
The article announces changes to the fall turkey hunting seasons adopted by the New York Deparment of Environmental Conservation in 2015.
- DEC asking hunters to survey ruffed grouse this fall. Lynch, Mike // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;10/6/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 236, p16
The article reports that the Department of Environmental Conservation urges hunters to participate in the ruffed grouse survey in New York
- Fisher Surveys. Jensen, Paul // New York State Conservationist;Dec2014, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on fisher surveys conducted by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation and staff from the Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit at Cornell University in the winters of 2013 and 2014 using camera traps and hair snares.
- NEWS. // New York State Conservationist;Apr2006, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p29
The article presents updates on environment conservation in New York. Conservationist magazine will be launching the I Love the Conservationist Sweepstakes which features giveaways for the sportsman, hiker, skier and family camper. The Department of Environmental Conservation plans to begin a...
- Turkey Survival Study. // New York State Conservationist;Oct2007, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p28
The article reports on the wild turkey banding project which was started by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) to estimate harvest and survival rates of male wild turkeys or gobblers in New York. DEC staff and volunteers banded 383 gobblers, far exceeding the annual...
- Mystery Marker. Nelson, David; Sutter, Tom // New York State Conservationist;Oct2010, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p17
The article focuses on an aluminum band on which the words RETURN TO NYS DEPT ENV. CONS ALBANY 12201 were inscribed. The band was found by Rensselaer County resident Lynn Rowley. Her curiosity led her to send an e-mail to the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC), which was...
- BRIEFLY. // New York State Conservationist;Apr2011, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p28
This section offers news briefs on various New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) matters. The DEC announced a regulation which prohibits both the intentional and indirect feeding through food attractants such as bird seeds of black bears. On April 23 to 24, 2011, DEC will hold...
- The Great State of Hunting. Batcheller, Gordon R. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2013, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p2
The author discusses hunting opportunities in New York State. Aside from squirrels, he shares that hunters may go for wild turkey and deer depending on the season. He discloses that the state is considered as the ninth most popular hunting destination in the U.S., with an estimated 823,000...
- Cornell surveys wildlife rehabilitators. Kadlecek, M. // Conservationist;Nov/Dec91, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p54
Announces that the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) has asked Cornell to survey the state's 450 wildlife rehabilitators about their work, opinions and attitudes. The survey is intended to address important needs about licensing, values and activities.