MOVING UP THE LADDER: DARK-MEAT POULTRY
- Pioneers and Opportunists. Young, Barbara; Langman, Brent // National Provisioner;Feb2002, Vol. 216 Issue 2, p12
Presents the top ten meat, poultry and prepared food products in the U.S. as of February 2002. Ingredients of 'Fish N' Easy' from Profish Ltd.; Quality of 'Pork Chop on a Stick' manufactured by Iowa Quality Meats; Manufacturer of 'Sausages by Amy.'
- Briefs. DiLorenzo, Jim // National Provisioner;Apr95, Vol. 209 Issue 4, p13
Reports on developments in the meat, poultry and seafood processing industry in the United States as of April 1995. Includes news on the Food and Drug Administration's approval of the use of three parts per million chlorine dioxide to control microorganisms in poultry process water; Reduction of...
- New products. // National Provisioner;Sep98, Vol. 212 Issue 9, p48
Presents products from the meat, poultry and processed food industry in the United States, compiled as of September 1998. Ball Park Singles from Hygrade Foods of Detroit, Michigan; Smiley's All Star Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich from Smiley's Foods of Temple, Texas; Flounder Entrees from Herb's...
- 4th Dip This Year: Monthly Index Down. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p81
Reports the comparison in prices of commodities between the year 1998 and 1999 in the United States. Financial data from the FoodService Director Market Basket Index of wholesale prices; Year-to-date wholesale price index for all meats; Statistical information on the poultry index; Price index...
- Surf and turf. Bellamy, Gail // Restaurant Hospitality;Sep96, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p82
Presents ideas on menu items that pair meats or poultry with seafood. Includes pasta accents; Casual combination meals; Sauces that pull together the flavor of surf and turf combinations.
- Industry news. DiLorenzo, Jim // National Provisioner;Apr95, Vol. 209 Issue 4, p13
Reports on developments in the meat, poultry and seafood processing industry in the United States as of April 1995. Includes news on the parity issue between meat and poultry products; Stagnito Publishing Co.'s hosting of its second annual forum for one-on-one exchanges with high-powered...
- Expert insights. // National Provisioner;Dec99, Vol. 213 Issue 12, p36
Reports on the holding of the 2000 International Poultry Exposition in Atlanta, Georgia. Provision of information on the control of Listeria in the ready-to-eat processing industry; Holding of educational sessions on foodborne pathogen intervention; United States Poultry & Eggs Association's...
- Safer Supplies. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/17/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 29, p4
Discusses the food-safety practices of meat, poultry, seafood and egg producers in the United States. Food-safety program of Tyson Chicken; Training in safe food handling for the employees of beef processor Jac Pac Foods Ltd.; Ways by which frozen food manufacturer Fernando's Foods monitor food...
- USDA sees less beef. // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p28
Focuses on the United States Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Economic Research Service's forecasts of a shift in the domestic meat and poultry product. Projected decline in beef supplies in 1999.