Chicken tops the charts
- `Nuggets are still No.1'. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p134
Focuses on a variety of ways that chicken is served at food service operations in schools across the United States. Popularity of nuggets in elementary and high schools; Chicken recipes favored in the Palm Springs Unified School District in California; Chicken preparations at public schools in...
- Thai chicken in Scots schools under fire. // Poultry World;Aug2013, Vol. 166 Issue 7, p9
The article reports on the criticism received by the local Scottish government after it imported chicken nuggets from Thailand, which was revealed by a freedom of information survey conducted by the Scottish Green party that also found six councils serving no Scottish chicken in school meals.
- Nuggets still top the list. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p92
Reveals that chicken nuggets are the most popular chicken dish among school foodservice facilities in the United States. How chicken nuggets are prepared; Dips that go with chicken nuggets; Frequency of serving chicken nuggets.
- IN WISCONSIN SCHOOL: KIDS FLOCKING TO BRAND. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p8
Deals with the outcome of the Squawkers,a branded chicken concept from Brakebush Chicken, introduced by Sparta Area School District in La Crosse, Wisconsin. Chicken items included in the Squawkers menu; Impact on revenue of the school district.
- An all-purpose mainstay. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p82
Deals with the different varieties used by food service operators in preparing their chicken menu for schools across the United States. Favorite meal at the New York City Board of Education system; Result of a Mongolian Wok event at the Lockport City School District in New York; Methods used to...
- Versatile, healthy protein. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;8/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p62
Relates the popularity of chicken in school menus. Sample chicken menus served in schools; Changes in the chicken menus served in school; Ethnic chicken dishes prepared by executive chief Aaron Rock at Flik Independent Schools.
- Learning in the kitchen. Faux, Karen // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);10/15/2009, Vol. 109 Issue 4191, p28
The article shares the practice of the Daisy Chain Childcare's Nursery in Rotherham, Yorkshire, England in providing nutritious food and drink for children at the nursery. The nursery received the Quality in Action accreditation from the Rotherham Borough Council. Nursery cook Rosemary Gibson is...
- SC Dept. of Education debuts eat-right/be right. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p25
Reports on the August 1997 launching of a program `Eat Right-Be Right' by the Office of School Food Service, South Carolina Department of Education in Columbia, to educate students. Reasons for the introduction of the program; Information on the logo which will be used in the campaign.
- MacDonald's take over high school cafeteria. // Curriculum Review;Apr92, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p21
States that the local MacDonald's franchise owner take the cafeteria in Fairview High School in Boulder, Colorado after it was close by the school. Menu serve by the cafeteria; Why the cafeteria was closed; Students that are employed in the cafeteria.