A MULTI-FACETED ALLIANCE: Govt. partners with 5-A-Day program
- Several factors influence USDA's black-hided numbers. Reiman, Miranda // High Plains Journal;8/13/2012, Vol. 130 Issue 33, p13-B
The article offers information on the requirement of black-hided for more than 80 beef brands certified by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- When ground beef turns gray. Filipic, Martha // High Plains Journal;3/18/2013, Vol. 131 Issue 11, p15-B
The artticle presents an answer to a question on safety issues regarding the consumption of ground beef that has turned gray in colour.
- 2015 beef production smaller than expected so far. Peel, Derrell S. // High Plains Journal;3/16/2015, Vol. 133 Issue 11, p23B
The article reports on the 2015 beef production in the U.S. as recorded by the Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- Weather spurs beef herd expansion. BROWN, SCOTT // Wisconsin Agriculturist;Sep2015, Vol. 246 Issue 9, p53
The article offers information related to expansion of the U.S. beef cow herd as revealed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- Beef supply to remain tight. OTTE, JOHN // Dakota Farmer;Mar2015, Vol. 134 Issue 3, p86
The article reports on decline in beef production due to tighten beef supply and discusses statistics related to the beef production released by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and a chart depicting rise in beef production for each beef cow on January 1, 2015.
- Federal dietary guidelines finally give beef the OK. GORDON, KINDRA // Southern Farmer (1541-2008);Sep2011, Vol. 10 Issue 9, pBP10
The article offers information on the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans launched by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). It states that the USDA dietary guidelines has recognized the role of beef in promoting healthy diets. It highlights the use of the new MyPlate icon designed to help...
- Groups propose meetings on beef checkoff. Hearden, Tim // BEEF Exclusive Insight;8/2/2011, p3
The article reports on the call to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) to change the National Beef Checkoff Program.
- USDA Offers Schools Additional Beef Options. Shearer, P. Scott // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;3/16/2012, p5
The article announces the plan of the U.S. Department of Agriculture to offer more choices to schools in the National School Launch Programs regarding purchases of ground beef products.
- Label Mechanically Tenderized Meat. Shearer, P. Scott // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;9/17/2012, p8
The article reports that the Safe Food Coalition is requesting the U.S. Department of Agriculture to approve a proposal to label beef products that are tenderized mechanically so that consumers can make appropriate selections and take the necessary steps in handling and cooking these products.