MEAT PRODUCTION TO RISE 1% THIS YEAR: Inflation rate cools, up 0.95% from '01
- SEAFOOD SOLE EXCEPTION: 1st-quarter inflation hits 10-year
high. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;4/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p46
Presents 2004 first-quarter index on the food industry in the U.S. Wholesale price index for all meats; Reason beef prices fall from the record highs posted in November and December 2003; Outlook for world and domestic poultry markets; Information on the year-to-date commodities market index...
- Pork fuels 3rd-quarter rise in market index. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;10/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p40
Reports on the U.S. food category prices posted by the "Foodservice Director" (FSD) magazine market index for the third quarter ended October 2004. Comparison of the third quarter category prices in 2003 and 2004; Increase in the FSD wholesale price index for meat, frozen food and canned market...
- MEAT, SEAFOOD UP, PRODUCE DOWN: Wholesale prices decrease 1.99%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p104
Reports on the 1.99 percent decline in wholesale food prices in April 2000. Year-to-date wholesale price index for meat and seafood; Price decreases for commodities, produce, canned and frozen foods; Percent increase in turkey production for year 2000.
- Producer prices. // Economic Indicators;Apr94, p22
Presents statistics on producer prices in the United States from 1985 up to the first quarter of 1994. Consumer foods; Consumer goods; Capital equipment.
- Updating the weights in indexes of wholesale, industry prices. Cormier, Gerard H.; Early, John // Monthly Labor Review;Sep76, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p19
Reports on the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics' updating of the base value weights of the commodities that make up the Wholesale Price Index (WPI). Indication of price change for commodities sold in primary markets; Measurement of price changes for a current market structure either in terms of...
- Commodity-grouping price indexes introduced into the Producer Price Index, effective January 2001. // PPI Detailed Report;Jan2001, p185
Presents commodity-grouping price indexes introduced into the Producer Price Index in the United States effective January 2001.
- Food industry performance indicators improve; Cost per mile, cost per route, cost per stop fall. Macklin, Gary // Refrigerated Transporter;Dec2002, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p20
Reports on the improvement of the food industry performance indicators in 2002. Effects of economic downturn on the performance indicators of wholesale grocers and retail supermarket chains; Cost per mile of fleet operations; Aspects of wholesale grocery delivery.
- Commodity price indexes deleted from the Producer Price Index, effective January 2001. // PPI Detailed Report;Jan2001, p182
Presents a list of commodity price indexes deleted from the Producer Price Index in the United States effective January 2001.
- Technical Note. // PPI Detailed Report;Apr2003, p161
Provides the explanation of the producer price indexes in the U.S. Factors influencing the changes on the prices of various commodities; Definition of finished goods; Assessment on the product output of several industries.