SIDDIQUI TRADES CORNELL FOR STANFORD
- on the move. // Diverse: Issues in Higher Education;2/16/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p18
The article announces job appointments, including those of Ayana Davis Hernandez as director of public relations at North Carolina Central University, Seddrick Hill as director of alumni relations at Shaw University, and Erica Johnson as director of admissions at Spelman College.
- AV System Multimedia to Stanford University. // Information Today;May1996, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p51
The article reports that General Projection Systems Inc. has announced the completion of the advanced Audio Visual/Video System at the new William Gates Computer Science Laboratory located at Stanford University, Palo Alto, California. Bill Gates, a namesake of the new facility, spearheaded this...
- Dogfish: Why College Presidents Won't Save Higher Education. Wood, Peter W. // Academic Questions;Summer99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p50
Explores the perishability of university administrators. Qualifications of the college presidents; Discussion on fund raising as the core activity of college presidents in the United States; Details on the commencement programs by the colleges; Explanations on the principle of shared governance.
- Rebuilding A Brand. // FoodService Director;8/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p28
An interview with Nadeem Siddiqui, executive director of Dining Services at Texas A&M University, is presented. He says that foodservice on campus has a huge responsibility to complement the mission of the university. He states that people on the Aggie foodservice program were not getting any...
- SHORT STORY: DAVID RASCH. // Journal of the International Ombudsman Association;2013, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p64
The article profiles David Rasch, who serves as the university ombudsman at Stanford University for eight years. Rasch is a psychologist and the former director of Stanford's Faculty and Staff Counseling Center. He also worked as a teacher, coach, and therapist helping writers with overcoming...
- Sunshine on Applicants for Presidency. // Perspective (08889732);Mar2004, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p7
Examines the issue of campus search processes for new presidents with reference to the litigation involving the University of Minnesota in Minnesota. Debate over the right of the public to see open decision-making and the need for confidentiality in attracting the best possible candidates;...
- Hallet makes history. // Adults Learning;Apr2004, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p5
Deals with the appointment of Christine Hallett as the new principal of Stirling University. Educational background; Career highlights.
- Why a good college chief is hard to find. Marcus, David L. // U.S. News & World Report;03/19/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 11, p46
Reports on the difficulty of recruiting successful college presidents. Perceived importance of fundraising prowess; Opinion that the endowments of schools such as Harvard and Princeton will be difficult to replicate in a slowing economy; Mention of presidents slated to leave their posts as of...
- on the move. // Diverse: Issues in Higher Education;8/21/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p31
The article announces appointments including financial officer Miroslava Mejia Krug as senior vice president at Roosevelt University, executive Michelle Cook as vice chancellor at Winston-Salem State University, and teacher Otto Lee as vice chancellor for the San Diego Community College District.