IN CARNEGIE, PA: CAPACITY KEEPS F/S JOBS
- WHERE IMAGE SPELLS R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Mar2001, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on a community outreach program by the foodservice department of the school district in Volusia County, Florida. Growth strategies by School Way Cafe director Christine Farneti; Involvement of chefs in the schools; Foray into culinary competitions; School district's commitment to a...
- IN WAKE OF $4.5-MIL. JUDGMENT: School district switches to precooked beef for liability. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p10
Explains why the Finley School District in Kennewick, Washington buys precooked meal following a food poisoning incident. Comments about product liability; Background of the food poisoning incident; Impact of the incident to the food service program of the school district.
- Food, Design Draw Students. // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p6
This article reports on the opening of a food court at Grassfield High School in the Chesapeake School District in Virginia. The food court, which will be named this semester through a student competition that is designed to give the students some ownership, offers eight stations, whose names...
- IN HIGH SCHOOL, JUNIOR HIGH: Othello School District eyes `budget branding'. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the installation of theme foodcourts at Othello School District's high schools in Washington State. Concepts of the foodcourts in the schools; Percent gain in snack sales.
- CUTS LABOR IMMEDIATELY: Automation at Pittsburgh schools in for `long term'. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p44
Reports on the renovation and automation of the commissary of Pittsburgh school districts in Pennsylvania that will help cut labor cost and streamline production and work flow. Installation of a cook-chill system; Renovation of the city's Central Foodservice Center in spring 1999; Annual...
- UNANNOUNCED CHECK-UPS: Florida school district audits cafeterias. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the implementation of a Five Star Quality and Performance Review by the Brevard County School District in Florida its school cafeterias. Explanation from Dawn Houser, food service director of the district; Scope of the review; What made the program successful; Benefits of the program.
- 2000 RESULTS: School food & equip. spending on the rise. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p51
Presents the results of the 2001 School Industry Census Report of 'FoodService Director' magazine regarding school food service business in the U.S. Food and equipment purchases; Commodity purchases; Number of school districts involved with contractors.
- IN LAS VEGAS, FOOD'S PREPPED, CHILLED AND REHEATED: H. SCHOOLS DISH UP ELEM. MEALS. // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the food service program at Cark City School District in Las Vegas, Nevada. Benefits of the Dish Up program; How the meals are prepared.
- FOR 22,000 SCHOOL LUNCHES: Central kitchen doubles capacity in Santa Ana. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p6
Reports that the Santa Ana School District in Orange County, California, opened a central kitchen in January 2000 to double its production space. Value of the project; Challenges met during the construction of the central kitchen; Remarks from its food service director, Carol Godfrey.