THREE FLOORS OF FOOD: Univ. of MD-Baltimore ups retail sales 20% in Commons
- Kosher eats to come to UMD arena. Apter, Melissa // Washington Jewish Week;11/12/2015, Vol. 51 Issue 46, p1
The article reports on the opening of the Testudo's Kosher Kitchen at the University of Maryland (UMD) which will provide dining while watching sports events related to the university.
- Student center opens at UMBC; Wood Dining provides foodservice. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/29/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p16
Reports the launching of dining venues by Wood Dining Services at the University of Maryland in Baltimore County, Maryland. Construction of the student center; Offer of exhibition cooking station; Variation of food service offering.
- At Shepherd, they shall not want. // FoodService Director;10/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p6
This article reports on the increase in sales at the student center retail location of Shepherd University in Shepherdstown, West Virginia in August 2005. Sales at the university's student center retail location are up to 11 percent since dining services renovated and enhanced it with...
- College foodservice meets challenges with innovations. Pierce, C. Dennis // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, JumpStart p3
Editorial. Discusses some of the innovations which are being made in colleges in the United States, to improve the food service operations. Details on some of the changes made to cafeterias in colleges; Problems which are being encountered by food service directors; Reference to some of the...
- Comparing in-house vs. national brands. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p174
Compares the quality of the food service offered by the auxiliary service sector and the campus facilities, highlighting a case study conducted at the Michigan State University. Details on some of the methods used to enhance quality of foods at the facilities; Revenues generated by colleges...
- Campus feeders deploy more brands in bids to revive student-center dining. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/29/96, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p41
Focuses on the efforts of food service industry to revive student-center dining in college campuses in the United States. Effects of growing percentage of older enrollees; Campus expansion; Scholars' embracing of computer technology.
- Institutions go to `market' with new service concept. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;11/11/96, Vol. 30 Issue 44, p1
Focuses on the debate over the marketplace concept of noncommercial food service in universities in the United States. Key features of the food service concept; Challenges in operating; Questions regarding the marketplace concept.
- College meal cards good at seven merchants. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p20
Reports that the students of Iona College in New Rochelle, New York will be able to use their meal cards off campus at seven participating merchants on North Avenue. Names of merchants; Courses offered by Iona.
- U-Minn. foodservice opens food court. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/14/96, Vol. 30 Issue 40, p20
Reports on the opening of the Minnesota Marketplace foodcourt in the Coffman Memorial Union at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis. Offering of Minnesotan products.