MT. LEBANON, PA: School district meal variety widens
- Vended Meals Make The Grade. // FoodService Director;12/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p6
The article focuses on the testing of a vending machine at Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District in Houston, Texas, as part of the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). The first machine was tested in Windfern High School, which has 300 students who eat at the nearby middle school since...
- FOOD COURTS. Huber, Larry // American School & University;Apr2005, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p28
Addresses a question related to setting up a food court-type area in a school. Decline in the interest of students in school food service programs; Advantages of school food service; Viability of the food court concept.
- Promote National School Lunch Week. // Food Management;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p64
Reports the publication of a handbook for foodservice directors on planning activities for the National School Lunch Week by the American School Food Service Association in the United States. Purpose of developing the book; Coverage of the book; Access to the Website pertaining to the activity.
- GOODLING SEEKS $500M IN FUNDING: Congress mulls move to restore school lunch cuts. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p26
Reports that the United States House is considering a legislation supported by school food service professionals that would restore federal funding cut from the National School Lunch Program in 1999. Allocation of the funding cut; Status of the cost of school lunches provided by the government.
- Designing a New Approach to School Lunch. Dawson, Gloria // Food Management Exclusive Insight;4/14/2015, p1
The article discusses the collaboration between the San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) in California and design firm IDEO for the development of an approach to SFUSD's school lunch program. Topics mentioned include the grant received by the school from Sara and Evan Williams...
- SNA Sees Healthy Boost. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;10/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p38
The article presents the results of the School Nutrition Association's Back-to-School Trends Survey in the U.S. It has found that more than 71% of school districts have made notable efforts during the past two years to offer healthful meal choices through the National School Lunch Program....
- Aging School Kitchens Undermine Healthy Meal Preparation. Rosales, John // NEA Today;Spring2014, p2
The article reports that many schools in the U.S. are needing money to purchase the right kitchen equipment in order to efficiently prepare and serve healthy foods to students, according to the Kids' Safe and Healthful Foods Project (KSHFP). Topics discussed include the need for schools to...
- Bad Times Spawn Good Eating Habits. Miners, Zach // District Administration;Mar2009, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p10
The article discusses how economic difficulties have led to increased participation in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). The author suggests that due to health requirements for school food service, students in the NSLP are eating healthier. Despite rising reimbursements for free and...
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Willman, Linda; Robinett, JoAnne; Scheuermann, Sara // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p15
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the November 15, 2007 issue including "NSLP Still Goes Begging" and the "Opinion" columns.