Brands may pay penalty for World Cup jingoism
- GAME OVER? // Creative Review;Jun2002, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p50
Presents information on football and the World Cup. Association of football with hooliganism and poor facilities; Effects of the collapse of ITV Digital on Football League clubs; Value of official sponsorship.
- Sponsors quit Champions' League over price. McKelvey, Charles // Marketing Week;12/16/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p7
Reports that international brands McDonald's, Canon, Continental Tyres and Nutella have pulled out of sponsoring the soccer Champions' League after Uefa forced through a fourfold price hike to 60 million sterling pounds over three years. Sports marketing company Team's cutting of number of...
- Image of the week. // Advertising Age;6/24/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 26, p50
Presents photographs of the title sponsors of the 1996 soccer tournament in Europe.
- Old enemies offer sponsor bonus. Darby, Ian // Marketing (00253650);10/21/1999, p9
Discusses the England and Scotland companies that are most likely to win the sponsorship battle for the Euro 2000 soccer tournament. Economic impact of failure to qualify for the Euro 2000 finals; Main sponsors for England; Benefits of corporate sponsorship of soccer teams; Costs of elimination...
- Teams in top gear for Sunday. // Marketing (00253650);7/8/1999, p68
Focuses on the charity football tournament called Football Frenzy in London, England. Corporate sponsors; Major beneficiaries.
- Advertisers like the score despite World Cup losses. Szwajka, Jakob // Prague Business Journal;6/24/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 25, p17
Reports on the claim of victory by companies supporting Poland's soccer team despite its failure to advance to the second round of the 2002 World Cup. Expenditures made by local and international companies for the team; Success of the promotional actions of the advertisers; Harm caused by the...
- Saban Eyes Soccer and Nascar Fans As Power Rangers Links With McD's. Stanley, T.L. // Brandweek;11/8/99, Vol. 40 Issue 42, p16
Reports that entertainment company, Saban Entertainment Inc. will launch a global soccer tournament in the year 2000. Four race drivers who will take part in the event; Comments from Elie Dekel, president of Saban Consumer Products.
- McDonald's steps up Euro 2012 activity. Baker, Rosie // Marketing Week (Online Edition);6/1/2012, p8
The article reports on the support of McDonald's for sponsorship of European Championships with digital and experiential campaign to enhance the passion of fans for football.
- Brazil's gold fails to glisten. Penteado, Claudia // Ad Age Global;Dec2001, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p17
Reports on the Brazilian soccer team in the World Cup soccer tournament as of December 2001. Information on the performance of the team in the 1998 World Cup; Concerns of the sponsors of the tournament; Details on sponsorship in the World Cup.