Iceland hires home-shopping chief
- Iceland picks top online marketer. Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week;7/3/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p9
Reports on the promotion of Lee Pinnington from home shopping marketing manager of British retailer Iceland to head of online operations. Pinnington's responsibilities; Launching of a CD-ROM for customers' ordering needs.
- Iceland poaches Sun marketer. Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week;10/31/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p5
Reports on the appointment of Nick Canning as marketing director for Iceland Supermarkets. Company handling Iceland's advertising account; Market positioning problems faced by the supermarket.
- Climate-changer. Barrett, Lucy // Marketing Week;11/7/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p24
Comments on the decision of Nick Canning to leave his job at News Group to become marketing director of supermarket chain Iceland in Great Britain. Canning's achievements at News Group; Reasons for Iceland's business troubles; Canning's analysis of the troubles of Iceland; Initial business...
- Iceland hands appliance chief responsibility for retail marketing. // Marketing Week;6/15/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p6
Reports on the appointment of Sarah Jamison to become the marketing director of food company, Iceland in Great Britain. Jamison's replacement of Alan Shepheard; Details of Jamison's experience.
- Baugur lines up Iceland boss Nick Canning for group role. McCawley, Ian // Marketing Week;6/15/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p3
The article reports that Iceland marketing director Nick Canning is being lined up for a senior management position within Baugur Group, Iceland's parent company in Great Britain. Canning has been negotiating with the company about the position. However, he declined to comment on the timetable...
- Iceland recruits ex-Somerfield boss. Jardine, Alexandra // Marketing (00253650);10/28/1999, p1
Reports on the recruitment of Alan Shepherd to serve as marketing director of food retailer Iceland Foods. Shepherd's duties and responsibilities; Overhaul of the agency's sales and marketing departments; Promotion of Iceland's free online shopping service.
- Iceland to unlease Net attack on Tesco. Davila, Gabriella // Precision Marketing;3/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p1
Reports the plan of Iceland LLC to challenge Tesco's hold on the home shopping market with a consumer offensive backed by database analyses. Launch of a customer rewards program; Development of Iceland's customer relationship management program; Communications plan for the acquisition and ...
- It's the dream diet for kids: Chocolate carrots. Mihill, Chris; England, Andrew // Nutridate;Sep97, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p8
Reports on Iceland's marketing of flavored frozen vegetable in Great Britain. Market acceptance of the product; Impact of Cancer Research Campaign's program on the development of the product.
- 'Costly' scheme gets cold shoulder. // Personnel Today;2/19/2002, p7
Reports the termination of salary pension scheme by Iceland company in Great Britain. Reduction of operation costs by the company; Number of employees affected by the termination of the scheme; Denial on the capability of the company to maintain the pension scheme by chief executive Bill Grimsey.