The gender pay gap
- Why your pay doesn't stack up. Risher, Howard // Government Executive;Aug97, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p14
Discusses the civil salary pay structure in the United States. Changes in private sector pay practices which the government should take note; Government's refusal to abandon its traditional pay system; Paying for performance; Pay as a management tool. INSETS: Pay pinch (civil service...
- Eyes on the prize. Risher, Howard // Government Executive;Sep97, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p25
Part II. Reports that several government agencies in the United States are trying to develop flexible pay systems that tie compensation to individual and organizational performance. Types of rewards; New pay concepts; Freedom of public-sector organizations to develop their own pay system. ...
- Pay raise battle looms. // Government Executive;Mar1998, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p4
Focuses on federal union leaders' opposition against the salary hike proposed by United States President Bill Clinton for federal employees in 1999. Federal Managers Association and the National Treasury Employees Union's disappointment over Clinton's proposed pay hike; Labor leaders' concerns...
- Clinton accused of stereotyping minimum wage earners. // Discount Store News;2/19/96, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p14
Reports on President Bill Clinton's call to raise the federal minimum wage rate.
- Employment cost index--private industry. // Economic Indicators;Aug96, p15
Presents statistics on the employment cost index for the private industry in the United States, for the period 1986 to June 1996.
- Top elected officials. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/1/96, Vol. 43 Issue 14, p40
Ranks the top elected officials in the United States based on their salary. Includes Congressmen Gary Ackerman, Mike Forbes, Daniel Frisa, Peter King and Rick Liazo; Senators Alfonse D'Amato and Daniel Moynihan; Governor George Pataki.
- Letter to Congressional leaders transmitting an alternative plan for federal civilian employee... Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;9/1/97, Vol. 33 Issue 35, p1269
Presents the United States President's letter to Congressional leaders transmitting an alternative plan for federal civilian employee pay adjustments. Pay increase for federal civilian employees; Considerations in evaluating economic conditions affecting the general welfare; Rulings on the pay...
- Remembering when... Lorenzen, Patti // Region (10453369);Jun98, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p54
Discusses the evolution of the preparation of payroll for Minneapolis Federal employees. Payroll preparation during the 1950s; Benefits of the Automated Clearinghouse.
- Occupational Compensation Survey technical note. // Compensation & Working Conditions;Fall97, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p100
Presents charts regarding average hourly and weekly earnings of selected occupations in the United States as of 1996.
- Fast facts. // Public Management (00333611);Jul94, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p25
Presents a list of top five average and mean salaries for local government executives and city managers in the United States in 1993.