Ambitious Plan to Revitalize Camden Gets Support of New Jersey Governor
- Madison CSD No. 39-2, S.D., Certificates Lowered to A-Plus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;8/30/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 33774, p1
The article presents information on the rating of the tax capital outlay of the Madison Central School District of Madison County, New York by the financial services company Standard & Poor's Corp. of the U.S. The company downgraded the tax capital that resulted in the decrease of the coverage...
- California School Districts Ready $370 Million of Trans. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/31/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31398, p56
Reports the preparation of school districts to price tax and revenue anticipation notes in California. Plans of the South Coast Local Education Agencies to price the largest issue; Total amount of debt being issued; Dependence of schools on the state for revenue.
- Failed N.Y. power plant fuels budget battles. Keller, Bess // Education Week;06/24/98, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p2
Focuses on the budget for the Shoreham-Wading River school district in New York. Amount of money spent in 1991; Closure of a nuclear power plant which led to decreased income for the district; Opposition of the community to a tax increase on school property; Efforts of parents to alter the...
- Business groups raise red flags over Prop A talk. Bailey, Laura // Crain's Detroit Business;6/3/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p51
Focuses on the impact of changing the proposal A provision on school district in Michigan. Impact of shrinking sales-tax base on school funding; Purpose of Proposal A; Advantage of allowing school district to hold millage election.
- Texas district's tax cut could affect ratings. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;09/17/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30480, p7
Reports on the approval of a tax cut by the San Antonio Independent School District in Texas to reduce its fund balance. Views by analysts on impact on credit ratings; Reduction in tax rate; Expected increase in total deficit.
- District postpones bond issue plans. Shapiro, Mary // West County Journal;10/26/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 43, pA1
The article reports on the problems faced by the Rockwood School District in Missouri as government officials have warned that if the district goes for bond issue in 2012 then it could face some kind of tax increase, because of which the district has postponed the April 2012 bond issue.
- School taxes unchanged. RUSHIN, CHERRY // Graham Leader;9/7/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 7, p1A
The article reports that the Young County, Texas-based Graham Independent School District (ISD) tax rate will remain at 1.35 dollar per 100 dollar valuation in 2011.
- Rockwood board to vote on April bond issue. Shapiro, Mary // West County Journal;1/16/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 3, pA3
The article discusses a proposal by Picture Rockwood for the Rockwood School District Board of Education to vote on a 36- million-U.S.-dollar no-tax bond issue on the April 2, 2013 ballot for the security, technology and facility improvements of the educational institutions in the area.
- Proposition passage will mean fewer cuts. Bandle, Scott // South County Journal;4/11/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 15, pA1
The article assesses the approval of voters of the Proposition B tax increase for the Bayless School District in St. Louis, Missouri.