NASD: To Avoid G-37 Ban, Mesirow Banker Won't Get Certain Fees
- ETC: Mesirow sheds 26 consultant jobs. Saphir, Ann; Tita, Bob // Crain's Chicago Business;7/16/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p3
The article presents news briefs related to business enterprises in the U.S. Mesirow Financial Inc. is trimming its consulting unit, closing offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco in California and laying off about 22% of the unit's staff. Mesirow, which employs 1,100 overall, acquired the...
- Office parties: naughty or nice? // Crain's Chicago Business;11/28/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p46
The article presents information on office parties in the U.S. There's merriment when C-level executives at Abbott Laboratories Inc. head to the cafeteria, to act as servers, slicing turkey for their underlings moving through the buffet line. Even retirees come in for the event, a tradition at...
- Mesirow to buy London trading biz. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/13/95, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p74
Reports on Mesirow Financial's agreement to acquire the institutional equity sales and trading business of Muirpace Securities PLC.
- Chicago's Mesirow Financial Loses Three Senior Bankers. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/24/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30938, p3
Reports on the departure of three senior bankers from Chicago, Illinois-based Mesirow Financial Inc.'s public finance group. Reasons of the bankers for leaving the company; Market analysts' views on the timing of the bankers' departures.
- Mesirow Falls Victim To Rule G-37. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p1
Reports on the withdrawal of Mesirow Financial from the deal regarding the refunding of the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago in Illinois. Political contribution by a public finance staff; Content of the firm's G-37 filing with the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board;...
- Packaging Report Is Optimistic. // Paper, Film & Foil Converter;Aug2010, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p14
The article focuses on the summer 2010 reports released by Mesirow Financial Inc. in Chicago, Illinois that show an improvement in the condition of the packaging industry.
- Mesirow Wraps Up PE Fund-of-Funds. Moriarty, George // Investment Management Weekly;01/31/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p4
Reports that Mesirow Financial closed its inaugural fund-of-funds in January 19, 2000, gathering $217 million in commitments to the private equity vehicle.
- A dysfunctional family of funds. Fritz, Michael // Crain's Chicago Business;12/19/94, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p4
Reports on Mesirow Financial Inc.'s decision to close its Skyline Europe Portfolio mutual fund. Reason for fund families popularity to investors; Transfer of Skyline Monthly Income Portfolio fund to Van Kampen Merritt Cos.; Reason behind the mutual fund's failure to attract investors; Mutual...
- Mesirow Financial acquires Chicago's Stein & Co. // National Real Estate Investor;Feb97, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p10
Reports on Mesirow Financial's acquisition of Stein & Co. Mesirow Stein Real Estate Inc. as the name of the merged entity; Plans regarding the appointment of Richard Stein and Richard Hanson; Relocation of company headquarters.