Maine Voters Pass Measures Worth $63.5 Million
- It's a good time to consolidate education debt. Wollenberg, Yvonne Chilik // Medical Economics;7/26/2002, Vol. 79 Issue 14, p8
Reports on the decrease in the interest rate of student loans in the U.S. offered by the federal student loan program effective July 1, 2002. Mechanics of the program; Estimation of the amount of money that can be saved through the program.
- The student loan. Prata, Kathleen // Indiana Business Magazine;Feb96, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p21
Focuses on student loans in the state of Indiana. Statistics on student loans in the state; Average debt burden of undergraduates and graduate students; Federal Family Education Loan Program as the largest single source of federal aid to students and to education as a whole; Details of the...
- White House and Lenders Are at Odds Over Changes To Student Loan Subsidies . ANASON, DEAN // American Banker;10/29/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 209, p2
Focuses on the conflict between the United States administration and lenders over federal subsidies for student loans. Debate on an industry-backed effort to change the way government subsidies for banks are calculated; Lobby efforts to insert a provision that would tie federal payments to...
- Student loans? No thank you, Sir Keith. Parker, David // Accountancy;May85, Vol. 96 Issue 1101, p18
Argues against the use of student loans to replace student grants in Great Britain. Challenge to the concept of equality of opportunity in education; Involvement of more expenditures; Need for a review of higher and further education.
- THE N.D.E.A STUDENT LOAN PROGRAM. // Congressional Digest;Apr60, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p102
Focuses on the National Defense Education Act, which provides Federal assistance in the establishment, at institutions of higher education, of student loan funds for making low interest loans to students to pursue their education at such institutions in the U.S. as of April 1, 1960. Conditions...
- THE COLLEGES AND THE "AFFIDAVIT". // Congressional Digest;Apr60, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p103
Focuses on the affidavit and loyalty oath requirements to qualify for student education program under the National Defense Education Act of 1958 in the U.S. as of April 1, 1960. Section in the U.S. Code that states the criteria to be eligible to receive the loan; Section that contains the...
- NEWS in BRIEF: STATE. Borja, Rhea R.; Fine, Lisa; Sandham, Jessica L. // Education Week;10/17/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p20
Reports developments related to education in the United States as of October 2001. Deductions of Nebraska aid to public schools by lawmakers; Availability of low-interest home loans for educators in West Virginia; Request of religious leaders from Pennsylvania for changes in school finance.
- Guest Editor's Column: Preparing for Reauthorization of the Higher Education Act. Perna, Laura W. // Journal of Student Financial Aid;2015 Special Issue, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p1
An introduction is presented in which the guest editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the importance of the Federal Pell Grant to students from low-income families, how federal student aid reduce the net price of college, and the effect of loans to student's outcome.
- Missouri Higher Ed Loan Agency's Contentious Plan Moves to House. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/27/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32617, p5
The article announces that the controversial plan to use funds from a partial sale of the loan assets of Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority (MOHELA) to finance education-related construction projects moves to the House of Representatives in Chicago, Illinois. The legislation would let...