Texas Officials Put Off Decision on Managing Permanent School Fund
- Who has an ax to grind? Todd, Richard // CPA Journal;May98, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p62
Discusses some of the alarming conflict of interests in the investment industry. Market making and selling securities from the broker's account; Commissions; Wrap accounts; Sales contests, prizes and dinners; In-house products; Soft dollars; Managers/funds evaluating their own performance;...
- "Soft Conflicts" Must Be Disclosed to Corporate Pension Plans. // Strategic Finance;Oct2010, Vol. 92 Issue 4, p26
The article discusses a rule from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that requires broader disclosure from investment advisers concerning potential conflicts of interest.
- Veres: Why the AUM Fee Is Toast. Veres, Bob // Financial-planning.com;12/4/2015, p8
The article focuses on the decline in charges of financial advisors, who are under assets under management (AUM), and mention several advices for marinating advisors values, and mentions the impact of conflict of interests in financial institutions.
- Commission creates conflict of interest. Lewis, Paul // Mortgage Strategy;6/11/2007, p64
The author reflects on the significance of the commission on the role of independent financial advisers and brokers to customers in Great Britain. He commented that the commission does not necessarily influence the advisers despite its influence on overall sales. He noted the conflict of...
- Revamp of the ADV form is a `massive undertaking'. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;5/1/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p2
Expounds on the implications of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's proposed changing of the ADV forms filed by money managers. Accessibility of information over the Internet; Expected pressure on management fees; Increased demands for disclosure on conflicts of interests...
- 3-State Merrill Pact Extension. Bergquist, Erick // American Banker;7/2/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 126, p20
Reports that the U.S. states of New York, North Carolina and California will require investment banking firms that manage funds on their behalf to adopt measures that would eliminate conflicts of interest. Extension of a settlement with Merrill Lynch and Co. to cover other firms that manage...
- Can you trust stock analysts? Not always. Altfest, Lewis J. // Medical Economics;11/19/2001, Vol. 78 Issue 22, p18
Explores the issues surrounding financial analysts. Speculations on financial analysts; Conflict of interest associated with initial public offerings; Ways to protect self against being misled by analysts.
- Is it time to rethink network membership? HOLT, NATALIE // Money Marketing;11/6/2014, Issue 1460, p3
The article examines the risks associated with restricted financial advice service providers pursuing the independent risk advice model. Topics discussed include the disillusionment of network representatives to the constraints on advice, the possibility of conflict of interest, and the creation...
- Chi-Town Teachers Seeks Investment Pro. Giardina, Michael // Investment Management Weekly;3/23/2010, p2
The article reports on the search of the Public School Teachers' Pension and Retirement Fund of Chicago (CTPF) for a new manager of investments in 2010.