Municipal Bond Prices Finish Higher As Treasuries Increase on Weak Data
- Banks or bonds? Rates, spreads mean more may turn to munis. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;03/09/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30594, p1
Focuses on the trend towards the use of municipal bonds instead of bank loans by small issuers in the United States due to decreasing rates and widening of the spread to Treasuries. Increase in supply of high-yield paper; Reasons for the scarcity of high-yield paper; Interest rates; Municipal...
- Yields Fall Six to Seven Basis Points; $1.03B Massachusetts Deal Tops Day. Johnson, Anastasja // Bond Buyer;10/1/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31731, p2
Reports on the decline of the municipal bond yields in the U.S. Reflection of the deterioration of consumer confidence of the weakness in the job market; Price of consolidated loan of 2003 Series D bonds; Price of general obligation.
- Treasury Fall Halts Munis' Rise; $525 Million L.A. Deal Dominates. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;06/08/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31156, p2
Reports the dominance of Los Angeles Community College District loan in the municipal bond market in California. Increase demand for bonds in the primary and secondary market; Reasons for splitting the 2026 term maturity; Amount of unsold band balance claimed by Merrill Lynch.
- Brownfields Are the Target of Cuyahoga County, Ohio, Issue. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;10/12/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30497, p5
Reports that Cuyahoga County, Ohio, is set to sell $15.4 million taxable bond issue in October 1998 which is expected to benefit several Cleveland suburbs. Expected pricing for A.G. Edwards & Sons Inc.'s bonds, the proceeds of which will be pooled in the Brownfield Redevelopment Fund; Plan of...
- Muni Yields Rise8-9 Basis Points; $1.6 Billion of New Money Issued. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/14/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31699, p2
Reports on the rise in yields from municipal bonds in the U.S. on August 13, 2003. Rise in loans introduced in the market; Rise in retail sales; Pricing of bonds.
- Wichita's $73M of GO Bonds Go to City Projects. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;8/5/2014, p7
The article reports on the launch of general obligation bonds in the debt market of Dallas, Texas in August 2014. Topics covered include the amount of the outstanding general obligation bonds in the city as well as the decline in its debt in 2014. Also mentioned is the release of new bonded debt...
- VARIANTS WHILE SEARCHING FOR ALTERNATIVES IN BUDGET RESOURCES. Sidelnykova, L. P. // Actual Problems of Economics / Aktual'ni Problemi EkonomÃ¬ki;Dec2011, Vol. 126 Issue 12, p238
The article grounds the expediency of using the local loans as an alternative to budget financing of local infrastructure. The genesis of the municipal bonds market in Ukraine is overviewed. Prospects of applying other alternative forms for financing the budget expenses at the local level are...
- Sebi allows municipal bonds. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);3/23/2015, p10
The article reports that capital market regulator Sebi has allowed the listing of municipal bonds, quick disclosure of board decisions, and conversion of loans of defaulters to equities.
- A Tale of Two Small Stressed Cities. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/11/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34560, p4
The article discusses the reported financial crisis of Petersburg, Virginia and Opa-locka, Florida as of August 11, 2016. Topics covered include details relating to the internal loans and owed obligations of Petersburg, Virginia according to Virginia Secretary of Finance Richard Brown, details...