NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;1/16/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31802, p2
Reports business developments in the U.S. as of January 2004. Increase sales at retailers; Assessment of index of consumer prices; Decline on unemployment benefits.
- SPUN from the WEB. // Caribbean Business;1/30/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p50
Presents news briefs related to business in Puerto Rico, as of January 30, 2003. Unemployment rate in December 2002; Retailers' support for a proposed sales tax; BankTrust's restitution payment from its lawsuit against insurance broker Guido Barletta.
- Business News In Brief. // Las Vegas Business Press;11/25/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p3
Reports business developments in Nevada as of November 2002. Permission received by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management to use the funds raised by the sale of public land for local improvement projects in the state; Increase in the price of gas as reported by the American Automobile Association...
- SELLING your RESTAURANT? Kroeker, Curtis // Restaurant Hospitality;Apr2013, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p44
The article focuses on the prospects for restaurant sales in the U.S. Several factors affecting small businesses in the U.S. include slow economic growth, reduced consumer spending due to uncertainty and systemic unemployment. Several issues that needed to be considered to sell a restaurant...
- In case you missed itâ€¦. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);6/26/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p6
The article presents business news briefs in Nevada. The seasonally adjusted unemployment rate in the state fell slightly in May 2006. The sale of Saddle West Hotel, Casino and RV Resort has been completed. The 89011 zip code in Las Vegas will encompass residential and industrial areas on both...
- Calendar of main economic events. // OECD Economic Surveys: Australia;2000, Vol. 2000 Issue 1, p149
Presents information on several economic events in Australia in 1998 and 1999. Extension of the Mutual Obligations to school leavers who had been unemployed; Details on the signing of an Intergovernmental Agreement on the Reform of Commonwealth-State Financial Relations; Sale of the National...
- INBRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/13/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p12
The article offers U.S. news briefs related to the business enterprises in the U.S. Initial claims for state unemployment surged by 9,000 in the week of March 7 to 654,000 after adjustment as reported by the Labor Department. Business sales declined by 1.0% and inventories went down 1.1% in...
- TREND. // Business North Carolina;Jan2005, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p6
Presents charts and graphs on the economic and business trends in North Carolina. Unemployment rate; Retail sales of its cities; Level of hotel occupancy.
- Spanish volume is up: is it optimism or opportunism? Strohm, Paul // EuroProperty;11/4/2013, p17
The editor reflects on the rise of real estate transactions in the Spanish retail investment market in October 2013 that does not guarantee the country for the reduction of unemployment and public debt.