No-dig inspection system finds defects in live steel gas mains
- Freeze-up. Le Blanc, Leonard // Offshore;Apr96, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p7
Opinion. Comments on the problems encountered by natural gas producers with pipeline freeze-ups. Causes of freeze-ups; Solutions to freeze-ups.
- Using PE-modified slip liners to rehab gas distribution pipes. Popelar, C.H.; Chell, G.G.; McKee, D.A.; Grant, T.S.; Kuhlman, C.J.; Rennick, T.; Mamoun, M.M. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Dec97, Vol. 224 Issue 12, p40
Discusses the application of the modified slip lining method to the rehabilitation of steel and cast iron gas distribution pipes. Reduction of the diameter of the polyethylene liner to be used for the host pipe; Viscoelastic testing of liner materials; Host pipe inspection; Installation...
- Computer analysis aids natural gas pipeline. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Sep98, Vol. 225 Issue 9, p58
Features a computer software which aids in the elimination of pulsation from gas pipelines. Prevention of acoustic vibration; Advantage of computer simulation; Price.
- Large pipe renovation project announced. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Aug99, Vol. 226 Issue 8, p8
Reports that Etersol has been awarded a contract to renovate a natural gas pipeline using its patented close-fit polyethylene lining system. Information about the company's polyethylene lining system.
- Gas Line Restoration. Gerstel, Eric // Underground Construction;Jul2000, Vol. 55 Issue 7, pR-6
Presents information on the availability of relining technology for the rehabilitation of deteriorated natural gas mains and services in the United States as of July 2000. Discussion on relining; Performance of the technology; Information on the cleaning process; Advantages of cured-in-place...
- Longer life for glyco-based stationary engine coolants. Hohlfeld, Ronald // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jul96, Vol. 223 Issue 7, p55
Offers tips on natural gas pipeline stationary engine coolants. Advantages and disadvantages of using water as a coolant; Criteria for an ideally formulated coolant for use in natural gas compressor engine; Glycol; Inhibitors; Tips on prolonging coolant life.
- Lone Star Gas tracks down service stubs. Smith, Bill; McCall, Doug // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jul95, Vol. 222 Issue 7, p46
Reports that Lone Star Gas Co. has led to the adoption of a new method of marking service stubs. Method projected to result in substantial savings in several operational areas; Service line stub locating; Savings in contractor costs; Number of customers serviced by Lone Star.
- New launcher built by Lone Star Gas. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jul93, Vol. 220 Issue 7, p12
Features Lone Star Gas Co.'s construction of a pig launcher for Enserch Exploration's Opelika plant in Texas. Advantage to company; Safety and consistency in gas service.
- Colonial completes 180-mile safety program in Carolinas. Aucoin, Mary P. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Dec97, Vol. 224 Issue 12, p24
Reports on the completion of the inspection and repair of Colonial Pipeline Co.'s original main gas pipeline that stretched from the Saluda River in South Carolina to Greensboro, North Carolina. Corrosion and over-pressurization of the main line; Construction of a permanent crossing; Use of...