Miller the Driller: Still boring after 50 years
- New Record Ram By Miller The Driller. // Underground Construction;May2004, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p28
Focuses on the trenchless pipe installation through ramming by Miller the Driller to create a tunnel for bicyclists in Altoona, Iowa. Requirement for a large steel casing; Procedure of the installation; Options for ramming various lengths of pipe.
- ENGAGEMENTS, WEDDINGS, BIRTHS AND BIRTHDAYS. // Hill;1/14/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p23
The article announces several celebrations, weddings, engagements and birthdays in the U.S. in January 2009.
- Country profile. Irwin, Richard // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p79
Presents information on 1995's symbolism for anniversaries in Vietnam. Anniversaries of independence and national unification; Expected growth of gross national product; Economic figures for Vietnam.
- Bicentennial plans on despite diminished budget. Beal, Eileen; Maringo-Bucci, Jennifer // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p16
Focuses on the budget problems faced by Ohio Bicentennial Commission in organizing the state's bicentennial celebrations. Original budget of the commission; Reduction in the budget allocated to the commission; Impact of the state's economic problems on the Commission's budget.
- Year of Mexico speaks to a big constituency. // Crain's Chicago Business;4/5/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p4
The article mentions the 200th anniversary of Mexican independence and the 100th anniversary of the Mexican Revolution in the year 2010.
- Midwest Clay Guild 25th anniversary. // Ceramics Monthly;Mar1998, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p24
Presents information on a three day show and sale of members' work which was held by the Midwest Clay Guild, of Evanston, Illinois, to celebrate its 25th anniversary. Details on a portion of the proceeds being donated to the Hospice of the North Shore; Information on equipment used by members...
- Banks help town commemorate sesquicentennial. // North Western Financial Review;10/1/2009, Vol. 194 Issue 19, p14
The article mentions 150th founding anniversary of Vermillion, South Dakota.
- BACKSTAGE. // Ebony;Jun1960, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p22
The article focuses on the visit of Americans to Belgian Congo and Nigeria to celebrate with Africans of their independence in 1960.
- Miscellaneous. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;01/01/98, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p23
Presents information on various anniversaries. Inclusion of New York City-based Wenner Media Rolling Stones which celebrated its 30th anniversary issue and Scholastic Incorporation which celebrated its 60th anniversary of Junior Scholastic.