CSR Pipeline Systems
- 1998 pipeline construction outlook. Aucion, Mary P. // Underground Construction;Jan1998, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p54
Forecasts the performance of underground pipeline construction companies in various countries for 1998. Includes Alliance Pipeline Co.; ANR Pipeline Co.; Arco Alaska Inc.; Bechtel Corp.
- Equipment selection guide. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Jun95, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p19
Presents a guide for the selection of equipment for pipeline and utility contractors for underground piping work. Includes excavators; Trenching machines; Backhoes/loaders; Rock drills; Electric welding equipment; Cable layers; Skid steer loaders; Air compressors.
- Dry Africa seeks water sources. Wright, Andrew G. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;09/22/97, Vol. 239 Issue 12, p26
Features the construction of a 360 kilometers underground water pipeline in Botswana. Connection of a reservoir in the country's eastern region to the dry Gaborone, Botswana. Estimated value of the pipeline's dam, pumping station and treatment plant; Importance of the pipeline for Gaborone's...
- Sound way to find buried pipes. // Professional Engineering;12/10/97, Vol. 10 Issue 22, p46
Highlights a method which was introduced to detect the presence and location of underground piping uses acoustic devices, to send signals along the pipes. Brief information on sound signals; Reference to signal generating devices; Reason the method was designed; Production of maps of buried pipes.
- Several factors play role in joint restraint installation. Shumard, Dennis // WaterWorld;Apr96, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p1
Editorial. Discusses various parameters involved in joint restraint installation in underground pipelines. Soil type; Trench type; Depth of bury; Test pressure; Pipe type; Pipe size; Fitting type; Safety factor; Other considerations.
- Road Cave-in at Marine Drive. // RobinAge;9/5/2013, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p4
The article reports that a large portion of Marine Drive, an arterial road in Mumbai, India, caved in due to an underground pipeline burst.
- Tool advances pipe location and construction planning. Meade, Robert B.; Chignell, Richard J. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Apr97, Vol. 224 Issue 4, p42
Provides information on the Group Penetrating Radar (GPR), a device used to develop an image of below-ground environments. Requirement for modern digital signal processing; Further development of hardware and software for the Pipe Hawk; Industrial users of the Pipe Hawk system.
- Contractors roundtable. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Jan1998, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p68
Presents the views of several underground pipeline contractor executives in the United States on various issues concerning the industry. Concerns over industry consolidations; Benefits of partnering for the industry; Refocusing of customer-service strategies in a low cost environment;...
- Heavy load. Tubb, Maretta // Underground Construction;Jul98, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p31
Focuses in Cat Contracting Inc.'s contract to repair a Reinforced Concrete Pipe (RCP) which served as one of the major interceptors flowing into the Rogers Road Sewage Treatment Plant in the County of Pena in Arizona. Acquisition of Gorman Rupp pumps; Cat Contracting's construction of a bypass...