Utility contractor beats hard rock, short deadline
- BUILDING FOR THE FUTURE. Renter, Peter // Municipal Sewer & Water;Sep2015, p26
The article reports that Hamilton in Ontario is preparing for growth with a trunk line that will run 5 miles in length and as deep as 300 feet underground.
- Pipe Bursting - Terminology And Lingo: What Does It All Mean? Timberlake, Matt // Underground Construction;May2011, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p48
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of installation of underground pipe.
- Keystone Pipeline: Project Moving Toward Completion. // Underground Construction;Nov2010, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p18
The article focuses on the near completion of the construction on TransCanada Corp.'s 5.2 billion Canadian dollars worth of crude oil pipeline in Keystone, Colorado. It notes that the pipeline reaches from Alberta oil fields to U.S. Midwest markets including Wood River and Patoka, Illinois and...
- Airgas-Norpac Cracks Through Obstacles On Sub-Sea Pipeline. Lucas, Ron // Gases & Welding Distributor;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p21
Part I. Focuses on the involvement of Russian distributor Airgas-Norpac in the North Sea sub-sea pipeline project. Airgas' supply of abarsives, brushes, electrodes and personal protective equipment and other supplies to Houston Contracting, the firm selected by BP Exploration to build the...
- Piping-hot competition. Zeyher, Allen // Roads & Bridges;Sep2003, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p30
Focuses on the underground piping work of Cranbrook Construction Co. in Albany, New York. Purchase of Asphalt Zipper by the company to improve road construction; Restoration work in the Round Lake project; Plan of the company and the Associated Builders and Contractors to build a program which...
- 2013 Pipeline Construction Report. Tubb, Rita // Underground Construction;Jan2013, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p14
The article offers information on several pipeline constructions in the world. It states that the Gulf Coast project in North America involves construction of 485 miles oil pipeline which will have initial capacity to transport 700,000 barrels oil per day (bopd). It further states that the Asia...
- New Association Tackles Cross Bore Issue. // Underground Construction;Jun2008, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p30
Information about several issues discussed at the Common Ground Alliance Annual Conference, sponsored by the Cross Bore Safety Association (CBSA) in Las Vegas, Nevada on March 26, 2008 is presented. Topics include the elimination of gas lines intersecting sanitary sewers and development of both...
- A VISION OF THE FUTURE. WYSOCKY, KEN // Cleaner;Aug/2015, p34
The article presents information on the retooling and refocusing of the plumbing business by John Newell, owner of No-DigTec, pipe bursting contractor based in Dallas, Texas.
- NEW BOOK SUPPORTS SOUND PIPELINE DECISIONS. // Municipal Sewer & Water;Nov2007, p73
The article reviews the book "Advances in Underground Pipeline Design, Construction and Management," by Jey K. Jeyapalan.