Micro HDD finds unique niche
- Drilling fluid for salt water environments. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Sep98, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p80
Features Wyo-Ben Inc.'s contaminant-resistant bentonite drilling fluid. Specifications of the fluid; Benefits to projects in areas exposed to sea water and salt-contaminated environments.
- Mud recycling for mid size rigs. // Underground Construction;Sep98, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p81
Features American Directional Drill MCM-1800 mud recycling machine from American Augers Inc. Specifications; Capabilities; Design.
- Equipment spotlight. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Mar96, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p12
Introduces various equipment and supplies used in underground construction and drilling and boring. Includes Pow-R Mole Model PD-4 Hydraulic Pusher/Puller; HYDRAUL-EZ borehole stabilizer and lubricant; BORE-GEL boring fluid.
- M-I SWACO. // Underground Construction;Mar2012, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p56
The article offers brief information on several drilling fluids and polymers from M-I SWACO including Max Gel high yield bentonite, Max Bore HDD boring fluid, and Poly-Plus inhibitive polymer.
- Coming in '99, DigiTrak's TransiTrak system. // Underground Construction;Sep98, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p59
Reports on the release of Digital Control's TransiTrak system for horizontal direction drilling. Features; Capabilities; Specifications.
- NEW products. // Underground Construction;Sep2011, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p79
The article offers brief information on several products in the underground construction industry including the EDGE 40-inch Cold Planer from CEAttachments Inc., the AXIS guided boring system from Vermeer Manufacturing Co., and the Fx25 vacuum excavation system from Ditch Witch Trenching Co.
- Grand Product Unveiling At ICUEE Show. // Underground Construction;Sep2013 Supplement, p5
The article previews several machinery for underground construction from Ditch Witch, an underground construction equipment firm of Charles Machine Works Inc., which will be introduced at the 2013 ICUEE Show in Louisville, Kentucky from October 1-3, 2013 including the JT25 horizontal directional...
- Making headway: All-tool carriers and attachments are making an impact on advanced tunneling. // Mining Engineering;Dec2012, Vol. 64 Issue 12, Special section p58
The article examines innovations related to underground construction equipment. It discusses remote controlled all-tool carriers, which enable construction workers to maintain a safe distance from hazards such as falling debris. Other noted benefits include simpler operation, less...
- Diamonds almost forever. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/25/1998, Vol. 148 Issue 21, p11
Discusses a technique developed by the Crystallume Corp. for diamond coating the surfaces of some cutting tools. Expected productivity improvements due to the process; Use on tungsten carbide rotating tools; Applications.