Challenging project completed on time, within budget
- Castorone extends the threshold for deepwater, large-diameter pipelay. Favi, Armando; Pulici, Massimo // Offshore;Aug2013, Vol. 73 Issue 8, p115
The article presents a discussion of the installation of large-diameter trunklines on the Walker Ridge oil export pipeline in the Gulf of Mexico using the flagship vessel Castorone of Saipem, adapted from an article published in the publication "Impiantistica Italiana."
- Heat transfer optimized in offshore pipeline bundles. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Aug98, Vol. 225 Issue 8, p74
Discusses the use of computational fluid dynamics (CFD)-based simulations in the offshore oil industry. Use of CFD simulations to ensure experimental simulations at a low cost; Applied Computing and Engineering Ltd.'s use of CFD modeling techniques to optimize the thermal performance of its...
- Four barges mobilized for job. Schmidt, Jerry // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Feb94, Vol. 221 Issue 2, p59
Features the work involved in the installation of offshore pipelines in the Arabian Sea for the Oil & Natural Gas Commission of India. Installation by Offshore Hyundai International Inc. and Offshore Pipelines International Ltd.; Engineering.
- Custom Weld Metal For Arctic Pipeline. Harris, Richard A. // Welding Design & Fabrication;Apr2000, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p18
Reports the construction of offshore pipeline under the Beaufort Sea of Alaska by Houston Contracting Company. Accomplishments of the company in building pipelines; Use of standard E8010-G electrodes in welding the pipeline; Features of the electrodes; Weld tests conducted; Details on welding...
- WON'T BACK DOWN. Crawford, Mark // Precast Inc.;Jul/Aug2015, p6
The article focuses on the the advantages of precast concrete for various infrastructural needs, discussing its versatility, efficiency and resiliency; use in projects such as anchoring of pipelines under oceans and earthquake resistance bridges; and comments from civil engineering experts M....
- Water Pipeline Takes Crews on a 67-Mile Trek. Gregerson, John // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/22/2014, Vol. 273 Issue 8, Following pMW23
The article reports that project team members on the project to construct 274 million dollars raw-water pipeline near Flint, Michigan have witnessed ice caps, endangered species and more while laying the pipeline. Topic include the project operations which also involve choreographing the...
- Oman and Iran yet to decide route for planned gas pipeline. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/15/2015, Vol. 59 Issue 15, p12
The article reports that Oman and Iran are working on the decision regarding the route for the planned underwater pipeline which will provide links between the countries, according to Mohammed al-Rumhy, Oman's Oil & Gas Minister.
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS. // Global Energy Market Research: Qatar;Jan2012, p17
The article offers updates related to energy management issues in Qatar as of January 2012. It says that the country has entered a negotiation with Bahrain regarding the utilization of Qatari gas for industrial activities. It notes that Qatar also discussed the construction of an underwater gas...
- The analysis of sensitivity of a sea pipeline which is exposed to seismic influences. Muraveva, L.V. // Internet-Vestnik VolgGASU;2013, Vol. 30 Issue 49, p121
For a situation arising at catastrophic (design) earthquakes the main requirement to sea pipelines is integrity preservation at minimum assurance coefficient. Thus, for these conditions construction destruction will be an inordinate state.