NJ engineering firm receives award
- Cast your vote. // Design News;9/23/96, Vol. 52 Issue 18, p66
Profiles engineers nominated for the Design News Engineer of the Year for 1997 in the United States. Includes Douglas P. Boyd; Brian R. Carlisle; Bernard Dagarin; Graham Hawkes; Harvey G. Schellenger; Paul C. Sheldon; William M. Silver.
- INNOVATION. // African Business;Apr2014, Issue 407, p10
The article announces the 2014 Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation, which aims to encourage sub-Saharan African engineers to apply their skills in the development of solutions to challenges in Africa.
- Who's the new face of engineering? // Industrial Engineer: IE;Oct2009, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p62
The article presents a call for nomination of candidates for the New Faces of Engineering 2010 awards for young engineers.
- A SALUTE TO ENGINEERS. // Design News;6/11/90, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p161
The article presents invitation to engineers who want to joint for Engineering Quality Award. To register, engineers must answer the questions completely, and send along enough prints, drawings, photographs, or other materials to help the judges fully understand the design problem and how the...
- Draper Prize for jet engine goes to World War II foes. Goodwin, I. // Physics Today;Nov91, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p73
Recounts the work of Frank Whittle and Hans J. P. von Ohain that won them the 1991 Draper Prize for Engineering. The two men invented the turbojet aircraft engine virtually simultaneously in the early months of World War II while serving on different sides.
- Society of Civil Engineers Salutes Local Firms, Projects With Awards. // San Diego Business Journal;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p45
Reports on San Diego, California-based companies and projects honored by the American Society of Civil Engineers. California Department of Transportation and T.Y. Lin International's receipt of the Project of the Year award for work on the seismic retrofit of the Coronado Bay Bridge;...
- Integrated Engineering at its Best. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Dec2000, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p27
Introduces the winners of 'Consulting-Specifying Engineer's 2000 Integrator Awards, recognizing the highest level of cooperative team effort in the design of integrated mechanical and electrical systems. Winning firms' delivery of state-of-the-art automated building systems and long-term savings.
- Electric car battery tray nabs top honor. Jewett, Dale // Plastics News;11/11/1996, Vol. 8 Issue 37, p4
Presents information on the 1996 Society of Plastics Engineer's Automotive Division Awards, highlighting General Motors Corporation's electric vehicle's plastic battery tray winning the Grand Award. Information on the honoring of the tray; Details on the tray; Detailed information on winners in...
- UMA and CSCE launch Sustainable Asset Management student competition. // Canadian Architect;Nov2007, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p17
The article announces a competition launched by UMA and the Canadian Society of Civil Engineering to encourage post-secondary students to explore the interdisciplinary field of Sustainable Asset Management. This annual competition will encourage graduate and senior undergraduate students from...