Public Power Industry Wants to Take Its Customers Online
- UTILITIES AND LOCAL EXCHANGE CARRIERS. // New Hampshire Business Review;7/16/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p154
Presents charts depicting utilities and local exchange carriers in New Hampshire.
- Communications & public utilities. // Indiana Business Magazine;Aug95 Supplement Corporate Director, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p46
Presents a directory of communications companies and public utilities in Indiana. Address; Name of the company; Head of the company; Contact number.
- Carrier services: A public utility? Dzubeck, Frank // Network World;7/28/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p33
Elaborates on the need for a public utility for telecommunications services in the U.S. Mandatory carrier levels for quality, availability and support; Importance of the limited regulation of carrier communications services.
- Eugene Muny Would Lose $. // Multichannel News;02/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p14
Reports that the Eugene, Oregon-based utility Eugene Water and Electric Board's planned telecommunication venture is projected to suffer financial losses as of February 19, 2001. SIGECORP Communications Services' financial analysis of the proposed telecommunication venture.
- Don't just stand there--do something! Hardy, Stephen M. // Lightwave;Feb98, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p13
Editorial. Describes steps taken by City of Palo Alto Utilities in Palo Alto, California to prepare for its entry into the telecommunications market. Palo Alto city council's authorization of $135,000 to create and implement a telecommunications strategy that would best serve the community;...
- Wiring Douglas County. Sabbag, Gary E. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Mar99, Vol. 13 Issue 3, pB7
Reports that the Douglas County Public Utility District (PUD) and PUDs across Washington State have put forward a bill in the state legislature seeking authority to provide telecommunication services beyond its own use to customers. Include Internet access, home security services, cell phone...
- Utilities report need for more spectrum. // Mobile Radio Technology;Aug98, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p63
Reports that Utilities Telecommunication Council's (UTC) Utilities Spectrum Assessment taskforce has released a report at the UTC Annual Conference and Exhibition confirming the need for the spectrum to meet utilities' needs in the first decade of the 21st century. Findings of the task force...
- Communications. Pare, Kate // Electrical World;Sep97, Vol. 211 Issue 9, p36
Focuses on the close relationship between telecommunications companies and electric utilities in the United States, and on a number of specific telecom/utility announcements. Reference to mergers between telecommunications companies and electric utilities; Marketing agreement set up between...
- Utility telecoms ventures grow. // Modern Power Systems;Oct2000, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on the involvement of utilities in telecommunication in North America. Plans of Enron to finance the broadband telecommunication sector; Intention of El Paso Energy Corp. to invest in telecommunication business; Development of a mobile telephone network by Siemens.