Ambac, MBIA Post Strong May, Outperforming S&P 500
- Roller coaster ride on Wall Street tests faith of investors. Halverson, Guy; Coolidge, Shelley Donald // Christian Science Monitor;4/2/97, Vol. 89 Issue 88, p1
Reports that for a number of Americans who own stocks, the stock market in New York has shown an instability that is testing the faith of institutional and individual investors. Concerns on the market for the week beginning March 30, 1997; Reference to the points lost by the Dow Jones...
- Stocks report. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/8/96, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p8
Presents the stock report for Long Island, New York. Stocks index; Stocks index summary; Long Island's leading gainers; Long Island losers.
- Stock market's rising tide lifts local boats. Harting, Don // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;8/19/96, Vol. 10 Issue 17, p12
No abstract available.
- The New York stock scoreboard. // Crain's New York Business;7/01/96, Vol. 12 Issue 27, p50
Presents a chart showing the performance of the stock market in New York as of June 26, 1996. Stock price change; Quarter percentage change; Year-to-date point change; Year-to-date percent change.
- Crain's 100. // Crain's New York Business;7/01/96, Vol. 12 Issue 27, p54
Presents a chart on the top gainers and losers in the New York stock market as of June 31, 1996.
- For all our worry over the economy, we can control one key thing: Taxes. Townsend, Alair // Crain's New York Business;08/24/98, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p9
Opinion. Focuses on the stock market in New York. Increase in the value of household assets; Reference to the Asian economic crisis; Growth of the pay of workers in the Wall Street Stock Market; Information on the pretax profits of securities firms.
- LI stock report. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/27/96, Vol. 43 Issue 22, p8
Presents stock market figures in Long Island, New York State as of May 21, 1996. Company name; Closing price; Net change from previous period.
- Exchange sale set. // Crain's New York Business;12/13/93, Vol. 9 Issue 50, p34
Reports on the acquisition of New York Futures Exchange by New York Cotton Exchange.
- Stock analysts tell (almost) all. Schriener, Judy // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/1/94, Vol. 233 Issue 5, p26
Features the world of Wall Street stock analysts. Lack of overall market significance of the engineering and construction (E&C) sector; Reliance on information from company management; Anticipation of buy reports; Degree of influence during initial and secondary public offerings.