- Arriva seeks economies. // Modern Railways;Dec2009, Vol. 66 Issue 735, p7
The article reports on the development of measures to ensure the future of the CrossCountry railroad franchise by Arriva in light of a 2.4% revenue growth in the first five months of 2009 against a target of about 10%. The firm ensures that the franchise will not fail. Rumours about its...
- Florida Fast Rail Set in Motion. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;7/22/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33354, p1
The article reports that the geotechnical and survey work has started for the first phase of the 2.6 billion dollars high-speed rail project from Tampa to Orlando in Florida.
- Full speed ahead. // Engineer (00137758);1/23/2012, Vol. 296 Issue 7831, p12
The article reports that Great Britain government has sanctioned High Speed 2 (HS2) after concluding it can deliver a sufficient rate of financial return and mitigate impacts on local communities.
- High speed opening dates confirmed. // Railway Gazette International;Dec2012, Vol. 168 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the opening dates for the high speed line between Barcelona, Spain and the French border, with services expected to start running from April 2013.
- Keeping the hopes alive. // Railway Gazette International;Jul2010, Vol. 166 Issue 7, p25
The article reports on the considerable local coverage attracted by the ambitious plans for a four-line high speed network in Thailand, which includes an investment roadshow aimed at attracting funding from China for several mega-projects that include a freight landbridge.
- FAST TRANSPORT. // Engineer (00137758);11/14/2011, Vol. 296 Issue 7828, p9
The article reports on the proposed high-speed rail network in Great Britain which would provide a change in the reliability, quality and frequency of rail services between the countries major cities.
- High speed project transferred. // Railway Gazette International;Jan2010, Vol. 166 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the transfer of the project to build a high speed line to Galicia from Olmedo on the Madrid-Valladolid route in Spain to ADIF from SEITT.
- A star is born. // Railway Gazette International;Jan2010, Vol. 166 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the ceremonies held in Belgium on December 8, 2009 to celebrate the completion of the Belgian high speed network.
- High-speed rail efforts may be picking up some speed. Dixon, Janice // ENR: Engineering News-Record;05/11/98, Vol. 240 Issue 19, p12
Reports that in the United States, high-speed ground transportation is increasing, with reference to the 15th annual High Speed Ground Transportation Association conference in Chicago, Illinois. Comments made by Jolene Molitoris, head of the United States Department of Transportation's Federal...