Country's Largest Chiropractic School Loses Accreditation, Put on Watchlist
- Challenges to Accreditation. // Perspective (08889732);Dec2005, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p4
The article examines the operations and roles of higher-education accrediting agencies in the United States, with focus on the case of the chiropractic college Life University in Georgia. The Council on Chirographic Education revoked the university's accreditation in 2003 because of alleged...
- Tough Life. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31774, p31
Reports that Life University, a chiropractic school in Atlanta, Georgia, is selling most of its campus to Southern Polytechnic State University, to help retire its outstanding debt. Amount of debt that was issued by the Marietta Development Authority in 1995; Life University's loss of its...
- Life Support. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/03/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31670, p31
Reports on an agreement between Atlanta, Georgia-based chiropractic school Life University and the Council on Chiropractic Education to keep their accreditation through the year 2005. Issuance of multi-million debt by the Marietta Development Authority for the university; Insurer of the debt;...
- FIGHTING FOR ITS LIFE. Coppola, Vincent // Georgia Trend;Mar2003, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p20
Reports on loss of money and students by Atlanta, Georgia-based Life University. Period for which chiropractic school of the university operated without accreditation; Factor which led to a decision by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to put the entire university on probation;...
- The Latest on LIFE. // American Chiropractor;2003, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p52
Reports on the case concerning a discrimination lawsuit filed by four professors against Life University in Atlanta, Georgia. Details of the case; Legal precedents; Implications for policies governing slander and disability-related discrimination.
- Life University Places Third in 2010 Division 1 Rugby Championship Life University beats Palmer College 61-17 in consolation game. // American Chiropractor;Jul2010, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p12
The article reports that Life University won over Palmer College and places third in the 2010 division 1 Rugby Championship in Marietta, Georgia.
- Georgia's Life University on Moody's Review. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/26/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31521, p5
Reports that U.S.-based ratings agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. placed Marietta, Georgia-based Life University's multi-million dollar outstanding debt on review for a possible downgrade as of November 2002. Reasons for the move; Existing rating of the debt; Details of the bond debt.
- GEORGIA. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/5/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31112, p33
Reports on the scrutiny of the underlying ratings of Life University in Atlanta, Georgia by ratings company Moody's Investors Service Inc. as of April 2001. Reasons for the scrutiny.
- Educomm: "A Lasting. Goral, Tim // University Business;Sep2011, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p54
Information about several papers discussed at a conference, EduComm held in June 2011 in Orlando on the latest education technologies for active learning is presented. Topics include the learning technologies to practice in social media, online learning and smart classroom designing. The...