Municipal Bond Prices End Higher; Met. Pier Authority, N.Y.C. TFA Sell
- Muni Yields Rise 4-5 Basis Points; $2.3B California Tobacco Deal Prices. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of September 2003. Increase of municipal bond yields; Requests for flexible currency exchange rates; Facilitation of a retail period by Citigroup.
- Erie County, N.Y., Selling $36 Million of GOs. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/2/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31235, p3
Reports the selling of general obligation bonds in Erie County, New York. Value of the bonds; Consequences of terrorist attacks on the economy and monetary policy; Allocation of the bonds.
- Tennessee Agency Issuing First New-Money Bonds Since 1997. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/12/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32297, p30
The article reports on the new-money debt offering bonds issued by the Tennessee Local Development Authority. The new-money bonds can be used to fund the authority's loans to local, governments for the construction and improvement of water, sewer, and wastewater systems. The debt is secured by...
- DomRep: Global 13 Upside Limited. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/10/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 26, p13
Reports that sovereign bonds of the Dominican Republic weathered the emerging market debt downturn in 2005. Value of loans that will be received by the country; Position of the International Monetary Fund on the monetary and fiscal policy of the country.
- Analyst: Refundings to Fuel Issuance. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;1/21/2015, Issue 34245, p1
Issuance could total $325 billion to $375 billion in 2015, Janney bond analyst Tom Kozlik told a Philadelphia investor group.
- The behavior of government of Canada real return bond returns. Peters, David W. // International Review of Financial Analysis;2007, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p152
Abstract: The Government of Canada first issued real return bonds, commonly referred to as index-linked bonds in the finance literature, in December 1991. This paper looks at how the prices of real return bonds should behave theoretically, and empirically examines the holding period returns of...
- EXPLAINING RISK PREMIA ON BONDS AND EQUITIES. Sl�k, Torsten; Kennedy, Mike // OECD Economic Studies;2005, Vol. 2005 Issue 1, p111
This paper assesses the extent to which movements in risk premia of a number of financial assets are related to general economic fundamentals and OECD-wide measures of the stance of monetary policy. To do this, principal component analysis is used to identify a common driver of risk premia in US...
- An alternative monetary aggregate: M2 plus household holdings of bond and equity mutual funds. Collins, Sean; Edwards, Cheryl L. // Review (00149187);Nov/Dec94, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p7
Discusses the issue of whether bond and equity mutual funds ought to be added to the monetary aggregate M2. M2 velocity as an important property for an indicator of monetary policy; Opportunity cost; Growth rates; Net assets of bond and equity mutual funds; Net flows; Yields on Treasury bills...
- Detroit Hopes to Keep Its $500 Million Water Deal Pure. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;12/14/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33632, p1
The article focuses on the 500 million dollar senior-lien water and sewer bonds marketed by Detroit in Michigan. The deal hopes to relieve the fiscal problems of the city over the uncertainties of water and sewer service funding due to the bankruptcy in Jefferson County, Alabama. The proceeds of...