NEWS IN BRIEF
- Moody's: Growth May Slow, But Trends Should Stay Positive in 2001. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;01/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31057, p7
Focuses on a report by Moody's Investors Service, which shows that a slowdown in the United States economy may keep 2001 from posting a repeat of improvements in municipal credit trends. Strain on municipal bonds; Municipalities' improvement of credit worth; Strongest rating improvement in the...
- Moody's eyes an upgrade of S&C debt. Seckler, Valerie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/8/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 68, p2
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's plans to place the senior debt of Strawbridge and Clothier under a review for a possible upgrade. Agreement by May Department Stores Company to purchase 13 of Strawbridge and Clothier departments stores; Liquidation of weaker stores; Why Moody's has...
- Moody's Adds Two New Ratings for Municipals; Other Items. // Banking;Jul68, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p10
Reports on rating categories introduced by Moody's Investors Service Inc. for its municipal bond issues and construction loans in New York City. Effects of the rating categories; Computation; Impact of a tax hike on businesses.
- Banking's Credit Problems Are Seen as Manageable. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;5/3/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 85, p20
Discusses reports issued by Merrill Lynch & Co. and Moody's Investors Service concerning the profits and credit quality of banks in the United States in 2001. Projected rise in the value of stocks of regional banking companies with a differentiated business mix; Impact of the economic slowdown...
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Crain's New York Business;4/7/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p50
Presents information about developments in various business enterprises in the U.S. Philip Morris' parent company, Altria Group Inc., was lowered in rank by Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Fitch Ratings Inc. after a court ordered Philip Morris to post a 12 billion dollar appeal bond,...
- Moody's promotes five of its analysts. Shah, Angela // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p36
Names five public finance analysts promoted by Moody's Investors Service Inc. in August 1997 to the position of vice president-senior credit officer.
- Moody's Lowers Florida Agency Outlook, Citing Housing Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31295, p40
Reports that ratings agency Moody's Investors service changed its rating on Florida based nonprofit organization Capital Project Finance Authority. Reason for the change in outlook; Contents of disclosure notice of Public Finance Associates Inc.; Effect of the notice on U.S. market conditions.
- Moody's Investors Service. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/26/1996, Vol. 144 Issue 9, p17
Reports that Moody's Investor Service changed the debt rating of Airbus Industrie from Aa3 to A1. What the move reflects; Impact of the change.
- Moody's adapts to change, maintains its competitive edge. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;05/14/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30393, p32
Discusses changes at the credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service resulting from its restructuring. Streamlining of the agency's analysis of the financial guaranty companies; Improvement in communication between the corporate and municipal finance professionals within the combined group;...