Lissack to Run in Florida
- Orange man. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;7/31/95, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p6
Informs about the offer of Michael Lissack, former municipal bond banker, to work as Orange County's chief executive officer for free. Reasons given by Lissack for same.
- Lissack asking California regulators to appoint him Pacific Genesis' monitor. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;12/23/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30298, p2
States that Michael Lissack, a former derivatives banker of Smith Barney Incorporated and industry whistleblower, has written to the California Department of Corporations requesting that they appoint him as an independent reviewer for Pacific Genesis Group Incorporated. Reference to the state's...
- Collier county, Fla., clerk wants Lissack's suit unsealed. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/14/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30787, p5
Reports on the yield-burning lawsuit filed by banker Michael Lissack against Wall Street and other securities firms. Call of lawyers of Lissack for a federal judge to unseal the yield-burning lawsuit; Details of the case.
- Regulators, Firms Prepare to Ink Massive Yield-Burning Settlement. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/28/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30858, p1
Reports on federal regulators, Wall Street and regional municipal securities firms in the United States' global yield-burning settlement. 15 firms' payment for yield-burning claims; Testimony of Michael Lissack.
- Tentative settlement proposal would bar Michael Lissack from securities industry. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;10/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30253, p5
Reports that former Smith Barney Inc. managing director Michael Lissack would be barred from the securities industry under a tentative settlement of securities fraud charges reached with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Amount Smith Barney forfeited in fines and penalties as part of the...
- Whistleblower Lissack Is Officially On Ballot in Collier County, Florida. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/30/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31438, p6
Reports the qualification of businessman Michael Lissack to run for a seat during the state election in Bradenton, Florida. Career background of Lissack; Identification of the candidates for Florida Republican Party; Accounts on the Democrats qualifying for the gubernatorial race.
- Yield-Burning Whistleblower Lissack Admits Harassing Former Employer. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;09/16/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30479, p36
Reports that former Smith Barney Inc. public finance investment banker Michael Lissack has pleaded guilty in New York County criminal court to a charge of second-degree harassment. Part of the plea agreement to settle the charges against Lissack; Terms of the settlement agreement; Focus of the...
- Ex-banker Lissack charged with fraud over 1994 swap. Hume, Lynn Stevens; McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;09/24/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30237, p1
Reports that the US Securities and Exchange Commission has filed fraud charges against Michael Lissack, former Smith Barney derivatives banker. Amount the company will pay to settle charges that it failed to supervise Barney; Use of inaccurate assumptions on Dade County, Florida.
- Lissack seeks to be paid for attorneys' fees. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;07/17/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30437, p6
Reports that Michael Lissack has filed a complaint against Salomon Smith Barney Inc.