Andersen's troubles are trust-busters
- Largest Accounting Firms. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);01/22/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p34
Presents a table of the largest accounting firms in New Orleans, Louisiana as of January 22, 2001, ranked by the number of professional staff. Arthur Andersen LLP; KPMG; Ernst and Young LLP; Deloitte and Touche LLP; Bourgeois Bennett LLC; PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP.
- KPMG is still the biggest. // Accountancy;Feb1990, Vol. 105 Issue 1158, p10
This article looks at the ranking of the world's major accountancy firms in 1988 based on revenues. The defection of Thorne Ernst & Whinney, Ernst & Whinney's Canadian affiliate, to KPMG Peat Marwick McLintock, has cost Ernst & Young (E&Y) the title of the largest accountancy in the world. Peat...
- Deloitte overtakes E&Y. Fisher, Liz // Accountancy;Sep2003, Vol. 132 Issue 1321, p33
The article discusses the result of a survey on the share of FTSE 100 clients of accounting firms. Deloitte & Touche gained clients after the collapse of Arthur Andersen. It picked up six of Andersen's seven FTSE 100 audits. Ernst & Young is third in the ranking of the Big Four firms....
- Break-up talk is heating up at Andersen. Oloroso, Arsenio // Crain's Chicago Business;06/30/97, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p1
Presents information on a governance crisis at the accounting and consulting firm Andersen Worldwide, which has pitted the company's accounting and consulting divisions against one another. Details of crisis; Possible breakup of company as a result of crisis; Comments from a spokesman for the...
- Andersen reputation on the line. Merrion, Paul; Klein, Sarah A. // Crain's Chicago Business;01/14/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p1
Reports the bankruptcy of Andersen Corp. in Chicago, Illinois. Review of the record-keeping policies; Recommendation of some disciplinary action; Implication on the destruction of the documents.
- In Brief. // Accountancy;Aug2002, Vol. 130 Issue 1308, p10
The article presents information on news related to auditing. Auditing Practices Board held its mid-May, 2002 meeting in Andersen Inc.'s offices on the Strand, Texas. All around writs and allegations were flying through the air. Lawyers in the U.S. cited Andersen in London, England as one of the...
- Demise of Andersen firm will have global effects. Flanigan, James // Journal of Business (10756124);4/18/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 9, pA4
Focuses on the closure of accounting firm Arthur Andersen LLP and its effect globally. Number of employees employed at Andersen; Amount paid by Andersen to settle lawsuits from shareholders; Effect on the accounting cost in U.S.
- Letters to the editor. Eshenour Buchanan, Gretchen // Baylor Business Review;Fall2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p50
Presents a letter to the editor about the collapse of the consulting firm Andersen.
- More Life After Andersen. Hibbs, Jason // Baylor Business Review;Spring2004, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p60
Presents a letter to the editor about the company Arthur Anderson.