THE TRADING FLOOR
- Internet, changing fiduciary role are cited as concerns by sollers. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;09/24/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30733, p32
Reports on Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board chairman Scott Sollers' speech on the impact of the Internet on the bond market in the United States, given during the `Bond Buyer California Public Finance' conference in San Francisco. Effects of the Internet's ability to allow bond sales...
- Incoming MSRB chairman Sollers wants to move toward electronic filing. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;09/15/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30478, p5
Reports on Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) incoming chairman Scott C. Sollers' goal to begin revising MSRB rules in 1999 to allow dealers to send official statements and other required filings to the board electronically. Plan to ensure greater transparency in the municipal...
- A great voice falls silent. // Crain's Detroit Business;8/21/95, Vol. 11 Issue 34, p8
Opinion. Mourns the death of radio announcer J.P. McCarthy. Rank among the most powerful persons in Detroit, Michigan; Close relationship with family and friends; Charity and community work; Style and philosophy as a broadcaster.
- J.P.'s listeners, community will miss him a lot. Crain, Keith // Crain's Detroit Business;8/21/95, Vol. 11 Issue 34, p8
Opinion. Mourns the death of radio announcer Joseph Priestly McCarthy. Author's relationship with the deceased; Getting the people who mattered in a business or political crisis to talk on the radio; McCarthy's ability to convince an executive under fire to talk to him.
- J.P.'s book recounts St. Pat's Day. // Crain's Detroit Business;03/17/97, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p34
Focuses on a biography of J.P. McCarthy, a Detroit radio announcer. Name of the person writing the biography; Description of some of the episodes in McCarthy's life that will be included in the biography.
- How McCarthy gave anti-communism a bad name. Trilling, Diana // Newsweek;1/11/1993, Vol. 121 Issue 2, p32
Relfects on the World War II generation and explains how Joseph McCarthy gave anti-communism a bad name. Evidence mounted of Stalin's murderous regime; Before McCarthy's appearance on the national scene; How McCarthy was a great gift to Stalin; How McCarthyism had a lasting effect in polarizing...
- Joe McCarthy deserves better. Rusher, William A. // Human Events;8/5/94, Vol. 50 Issue 30, p19
Discusses the contribution of former US Senator Joseph McCarthy to the defeat of communist regimes. Debunking liberal myths about McCarthy.
- Back to the future. // Progressive;Oct95, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p11
Presents an excerpt of a story that appeared in the Wisconsin State Journal on a commemorative celebration at the grave site of the late Senator Joseph McCarthy.
- FedEx makes division for Latin America. // Traffic World;10/2/95, Vol. 244 Issue 1, p19
Reports on the appointment of Joseph McCarthy as key architect in Federal Express Corp.'s new division for Latin America and Caribbean. Express hub operation for the region.