Williams County, Tex., Issuing $155 Million for Roads, Parks, Other Projects
- A Clever Head of Some Sort. // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p5
Presents information related to several bonds for the development of railroads in the United States. Tax-exempt bonds authorized by Railroad Infrastructure Development and Expansion Act; Tax-credit bonds authorized by High Speed Rail Investment Act; Bonds to improve rail traffic in New York city.
- California Treasurer: $6B of GOs for Rail Line Is Feasible. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/18/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31368, p32
Reports the issuance of obligation bonds for rail lines in California. Creation of rail lines from Los Angeles to San Francisco Bay Area; Consideration of debt service levels by rating agencies; Impact of revenue bonds on borrowing rates. INSET: W. Virginia Panel Pushes for $4B Pension Sale.
- California $9 Billion Rail Bill Clears Senate Committee. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;5/28/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31395, p4
Focuses on the issuance of bonds to finance a high speed rail line in California. Value of the bonds; Approval of the senate on the proposed bond issuance; Need to gain the support of the legislative houses to get the proposed additional bonds.
- Judge Rules in Favor of $115M Reno Railroad Trench Deal. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;6/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31406, p36
Reports the ruling regarding a revenue bond sale to build a railroad trench in Reno, Nevada. Lawsuit filing to stop the bond sale; Arguments regarding the violation to First Amendment rights; Voting on the bond sale by the residents.
- Seattle Rail Debt Plan OK'd, Barely. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31518, p1
Reports on the approval of a plan to issue bonds to build a monorail system in the city. Details of the bond issue; Length of the monorail; Provision of funds for planning a second phase of the monorail system.
- House Committee Kills Bonding Language in High-Speed Rail Bill. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/29/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31750, p5
Reports on the approval of the railroad infrastructure development and expansion act in the U.S. Provisions of the bill; Move of the Ways and Means Committee to strip out the bond language from the legislation; Supporters of the bond language.
- St. Louis light-rail plan nears bonding, but still faces bumps. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;06/18/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30665, p1
Focuses on the plans of officials in Saint Louis, Missouri to issue bonds to finance a light rail transit project in the city. Value of the bonds; Budget of the project; Progress of negotiations at the city council.
- N.J. ready for light-rail issue; puts forward bond sale on hold. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;06/18/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30665, p40
Focuses on preparations for a bond issue in New Jersey to finance a light rail transit system. Value of the bonds; Investors' response to the issue.
- Texas. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;09/02/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30221, p42
Reports that the Dallas Area Rapid Transit may consider holding a bond election to accelerate some of its commuter-rail projects.