- Commercial Banks' Municipal Holdings. // Bond Buyer;12/05/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31030, p34
Presents a chart related to commercial banks' municipal bond holdings in the United States as of December 5, 2000.
- As Bank-Qualified Municipal Issuance Grew in 2001, So Did Bank Holdings. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/17/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31389, p41
Reports the increase of municipal bond holdings of various banks in the U.S. Total amount of bank municipal bond holdings; Amount of bank-qualified for municipal bond issuance; Percentage of municipal bond outstanding redeemed.
- Performance of top 25 tax-exempt funds managed by banks and thrifts. // American Banker;05/14/97, Vol. 162 Issue 92, p20
Presents statistics on the performance of top tax-exempt municipal bond mutual funds managed by American banks and thrifts ranked by total return during the first quarter of 1997. Objective of investment; Assets.
- Individual munis touted as solid buys. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;05/14/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30393, p33
Investigates the potential of commercial banks in the United States to sell individual municipal bonds to their client base. Features of individual municipals that appeal to investors; Banks' need to start embracing the idea of providing investments to their customers.
- Banks Embraced Munis Last Year, Though Rates Forced Some Away. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;05/17/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30893, p7
Reports that most banks have increased their holdings of municipal bonds in the United States. Interest rate risk and other price factors; Related data published by the US Federal Reserve Board.
- A rise in bank-qualified volume means assets are up, too. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;05/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30641, p9
Reveals that an increase in the number of bank-qualified deals in the United States has increased commercial banks' holdings of municipal bonds. Increase in the fair market value of commercial banks' municipal assets; Increase in the amount of bank-qualified paper.
- Revenue Bond Underwriting. // Banking;Feb69, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p24
Deals with the monograph published by the U.S. Comptroller of the Currency which appraised the proposed legislation authorizing commercial banks to underwrite municipal revenue bonds. Way by which municipal authorities would benefit from competition on revenue bond issues; Amount of estimated...
- Mergers, high volume boosted banks' muni holdings in 1997. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;05/20/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30397, p11
Reports on the increase in the number of municipal bond portfolios of United States-based banks in 1997. Factors contributing to the growth; Increase of bank-qualified issuance; Name of banks that have experienced growth.
- Commercial banks' municipal holdings. // Bond Buyer;05/20/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30397, p13
Presents a chart showing United States-based commercial banks' municipal bond holdings.