- S&P downgrades energy mutual over business model concerns. Parekh, Rupal // Business Insurance;11/13/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 46, p4
The article deals with the move by Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) to downgrade its rating for Oil Casualty Insurance Ltd. (OCIL). New York-based S&P lowered its financial strength rating of OCIL to BBB+ from A-, citing concerns over the company's business model, which relies highly on reinsurance...
- CCC Sickness. Vardi, Nathan // Forbes Global;6/21/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p38
Focuses on the junk bonds issued by U.S. companies as of April 2004. Percentage of the bonds which have been rated by Standard & Poor's as CCC; Performance of Qwest Communications in the bond market; Purpose of firms for refinancing.
- Revisions to S&P Recovery Ratings Bring Upgrades. L. A. // High Yield Report;6/11/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p3
The article offers U.S. news briefs related to business. The Standard & Poor has announced revisions to recovery ratings for speculative-grade corporate debt on June 14, 2007. In this connection, the Moody's Investors Service has released new ratings which downgraded Reckson Associates Realty...
- Boston to Sell $200 Million in GOs and Bans. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p4
Focuses on the proposed sale of multi-million dollar bonds and bond anticipation notes by Boston, Massachusetts. Electronic bidding system on which the bonds and notes are being priced; Components that make up the deal; Bond ratings by various rating agencies.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2003. Marketing of general obligation bonds; Improvement of the bond rating of Catholic Healthcare West; Decline of the bond rating of the Massachusetts Health and Educational Facilities Authority.
- Endangered Issues. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p31
Reports on the declining rating on zoo bonds issued by Palm Beach County by Fitch Ratings in Florida.
- Hillcrest Stays Put. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31733, p43
Reports on the bond rating for the outstanding Series 2000 bonds of the Montana Health Facilities Authority.
- GOs to Go. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31733, p43
Reports on the rating for state general obligation bonds in Nevada.
- AA Affirmed. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31733, p43
Reports on the rating for state general obligation bonds in Washington.