Officials: Give Us Spending Flexibility, Faster Environmental Reviews
- Rail and road transport at a crossroads. van der Kooy, Rob // Finance Week;3/15/2002, p57
Focuses on the deterioration on the rail system and infrastructure according to South African Department of Transport. Implementation of policy decision on rail transport; Problems of rail and transport services; Profitability of Spoornet.
- Arabian rail. // International Construction;Dec98, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p6
Focuses on preparations to improve the limited railway network in Saudi Arabia as part of the country's infrastructure development project. Announcement of development plans by Minister of Communications Nasser Ibn Jaafar bin Ibrahim al-Saloum.
- RADAR SCREEN. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);3/31/2003, Vol. 4 Issue 13, p8
Presents updates on commerce in the U.S. as of April 6, 2003. Proposal to collect a per-container fee to raise funds for infrastructure improvements; Effect of the U.S.-Iraq war on most companies' supply chains; Study on the rail industry's share of the overland freight market.
- ROAD TO PERDITION. Lozano, Leticia // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);4/6/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 14, p32
The article provides information regarding the status of South America's road and rail infrastructure as of April 6, 2009. It notes that since September 2008, at least $4.5 billion worth of private infrastructure investment has been delayed or cancelled in Brazil. It states that Argentina plans...
- ... meanwhile Crossrail projects stay on track. // Building Design;6/4/2010, Issue 1919, p3
The article discusses the Crossrail project, which will remain in course despite the reports coming out that the government is to cancel the said project by cutting down central London, England stops and canceling the extensions outside the capital in the east and the west.
- Iraq's railway gets attention. Lustig, David // Trains;Jul2003, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the U.S. plan to rebuild Iraq's rail infrastructure. History of the Iraqi Republic Railways; Components of standard-gauge lines; Sources of motive power in 1997.
- Growth to continue. // Railway Gazette International;Mar2011, Vol. 167 Issue 3, p8
The article reports that on February 15, 2011, the Chinese Ministry of Railways announced its intention to put in 850 billion yuan to expand the country's rail infrastructure, 700 billion yuan for new projects, 126 billion yuan for the purchase of materials and 24 billion yuan for renovations...
- CN capital plans. // Railway Gazette International;Mar2011, Vol. 167 Issue 3, p12
The article reports that on February 9, 2011, Canadian National announced plans to spend 1 billion Canadian dollars on track, bridge and infrastructure improvements for its Elgin and Joliet & Eastern Railway to connect five lines to Chicago, Illinois.
- Editorial. // werk, bauen + wohnen;Oct2009, Issue 10, p2
The article introduces a series of articles related to infrastructure published within the issue, including one on the railway stations and railway lines under construction in Zurich, Switzerland, one on the traffic planning, and one on the problem of noise.