California May See $6 Billion Bond Measure for High-Speed Rail
- California Treasurer: $6B of GOs for Rail Line Is Feasible. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/18/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31368, p32
Reports the issuance of obligation bonds for rail lines in California. Creation of rail lines from Los Angeles to San Francisco Bay Area; Consideration of debt service levels by rating agencies; Impact of revenue bonds on borrowing rates. INSET: W. Virginia Panel Pushes for $4B Pension Sale.
- California $9 Billion Rail Bill Clears Senate Committee. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;5/28/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31395, p4
Focuses on the issuance of bonds to finance a high speed rail line in California. Value of the bonds; Approval of the senate on the proposed bond issuance; Need to gain the support of the legislative houses to get the proposed additional bonds.
- California's SMART Rail District Readies Its First Bond Offering. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/2/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33409, p24
The article offers information on the preparation of the Sonoma Marin Area Rail Transit District in California for its first bond issue for the start of the construction of a commuter rail line.
- High Speed Rail on the Right Track? Price, Jena // California Today;Sep2011, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p1
The article focuses about the development of high speed rail (HSR) systems in California. The development has occurred since Proposition 1A was passed in 2008, which distributed 9.95 billion dollars in bonds to finance the construction of bullet trains that move passengers between San Francisco...
- Appelate Court Rules California Can Issue Bonds for Rail Project. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;8/4/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34154, p1
The article discusses the rulings of the California third district Court of Appeal regarding bonds issuing for Rail Project by the state as of July 2014. The Court ruled that the state may resume selling 10 billion U.S. dollars in bonds for its rail project which reversed the ruling made by...
- Judge Blocks California High-Speed Rail Bonds. // Bond Buyer;11/26/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34018, p1
The article informs that the California High-Speed Rail Authority has been denied a permission by California court Judge Michael Kenny to issue more than eight billion U.S. dollars in bonds to finance the construction of a rail system from San Francisco to Los Angeles, in California. Kenny has...
- Yolo Shortline keeps the faith. Lustig, David // Trains;Apr97, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p54
Discusses the history of the Yellow Shortline Railroad train that services the West Sacramento-to-Woodland route in California. Sacramento Valley Historical Railways' restoration of a train that Southern Pacific Rail Corp. had donated to the farming community of Woodland; Details on the train...
- Roaring Camp & Big Trees Narrow Gauge Railroad. // Popular Mechanics;Aug93, Vol. 170 Issue 8, p35
Features the Roaring Camp & Big Trees Narrow Gauge Railroad in California. Equipment; Operation; Special features; Contact information.
- History Repeated. WOOD, JIM // Marin Magazine;Jul2014, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p146
The article features the photograph of the passenger rail service facility between San Rafael and Tiburon, California pictured on July 28, 1962.