Utah Power Agency Readies First-Ever Competitive Deal
- Intermountain Power Agency Readies $304 Million Refunding. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/4/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31585, p26
Reports on a revenue refunding deal worth 303.7 million dollar owned by Utah-based Intermountain Power Agency. Lead manager and co-managers for the deal; Possible utilization of the deal proceeds; Ratings assigned to the deal by various ratings companies.
- Utah Power Agency, Swap in Mind, Waits for Dust to Settle. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31857, p30
Focuses on the expectation of the Intermountain Power Agency of Utah for the refunding deal. Worth of the refunding deal; Impact of the decline in municipal bond prices; Percentage of increase in The Bond Buyer 40 Municipal Bond Index.
- Moody's upgrades WPPSS debt; new LOCs for power agencies. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/18/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30353, p36
Focuses on Moody's Investors Service's upgrade of the rating on a refunding debt issued by the Washington Public Power Supply System (WPPSS). Confirmation of rating assigned to Intermountain Power Agency refunding bonds; WPPSS' substitution of National Westminster Bank with Morgan Guaranty...
- Fitch IBCA downgrades California power agency. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;12/29/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30300, p2
Reports on the downgrading of revenue and revenue refunding debt by Fitch IBCA Incorporated, which was issued by the Intermountain Power Agency to A-plus from AA-minus. Financial information on Fitch; Comments made by the Fitch IBCA.
- Bloomberg's `virtual road show' helps IPA bury the old dog & pony. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;09/09/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30474, p26
Features Bloomberg LP's technological marketing tool for a bond deal of Utah-based Intermountain Power Agency (IPA). Bloomberg's use of Microsoft PowerPoint software to create virtual audiovisual presentation; Provision of an ability for IPA to reach specialized audience; Bloomberg's service...
- Plan lifts debt constraints. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;04/05/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30612, p1
Reports that member cities of the Intermountain Power Agency (IPA) may adopt a novel debt-payment structure to help prepare for competition by providing the flexibility to maintain power rates even as they prepay outstanding bonds. Riverside, California's plan to decide whether to approve the...
- IPA: Intermountain Power Agency, UTAH. // Bond Buyer;10/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30742, p26A
Features the Intermountain Power Agency in Utah. Headquarters; Contact information; Top executives; Ratings and outlook; Total 1998 revenues; Bond issues.
- MORE CITIES REJECT COAL-FIRED POWER. Wilson, Janet // Rachel's Democracy & Health News;11/23/2006, p5
The article reports that more cities in California are joining the city of Los Angeles in rejecting contract renewal with Intermountain Power Agency, an electric utility based in Utah. Burbank and several other Southern California cities joined the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power in...
- Utahamerican Leases Land From IPA. // Coal Age;Nov98, Vol. 103 Issue 11, p8
Reports that Intermountain Power Agency leased coal lands in Emery County, Utah to UtahAmerican Energy Incorporated. Area of the coal lands; Estimated number of tons of coal reserves which can be recovered; How UtahAmerican envisions the Lila Canyon mine.