NEWS IN BRIEF
- Economic Growth: Capital Investment - Recent Developments. // Finland Country Monitor;Mar2012, p7
The article discusses the developments on the capital investment in Finland from 2009-2010, highlighting the increase in the investments in machinery, equipment, and transport equipment as well as the investment recovery in 2010 as driven by the strong boom in residential construction.
- Economic Growth: Capital Investment - Outlook. // Spain Country Monitor;Mar2012, p8
The article presents outlook for Spain's capital investment in 2012 which include the country's weak fixed investment due to drop of construction activity and sluggish corporate investment and overproduction of housing properties.
- Economic Growth: Capital Investment - Outlook. // Ireland Country Monitor;Feb2012, p8
The article reports on the capital investment outlook in Ireland in 2011 and early 2012 including the continuous decline of investment, the slow demand in the housing market, and the reduction of government investment in infrastructure.
- This Week's Economic Indicators. // Bond Buyer;10/21/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34197, p1
The article presents the list of the economic indicators for the week of October 21, 2014 which include existing home sales, initial jobless claims, and continuing claims.
- When will the jobs return? Strand, Rob // ABA Banking Journal;Sep2010, Vol. 102 Issue 9, p10
The article discusses the rate of unemployment in the U.S. as of September 2010. While the national unemployment rate holds at 9.5%, the Plains states and part of New England have an unemployment rate of four to seven percent. In March and April 2010, 400,000 jobs were added by non-government...
- ECONOMIC EFFECTS OF EXISTING FACILITIES RESTORATION IN URBAN HOUSING. Zeleznyakova, Irina L. // Actual Problems of Economics / Aktual'ni Problemi EkonomÃ¬ki;2015, Vol. 170 Issue 9, p258
In this paper the author describes the ways to increase the economic efficiency of urban housing objects exploitation. The results of the research on determining the cost-effectiveness of capital investments in residential buildings restoration are presented.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Sanchez, Humberto; Vekshin, Alison; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;9/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31475, p2
Reports developments in the economic developments in the U.S. Application of the Washington state for unemployment benefits; Decline of the home construction statistics; Announcement of the Treasury Department on the discount bills in maturing securities.
- DOS & DON'TS. // Assisted Housing Management Insider;2009, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p9
The article offers information that the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has considered the unemployment compensation to a resident's income in the U.S.
- Colorado to Issue $625M For Unemployment Fund. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/14/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33731, p4
The article announces that Colorado will issue 625 million dollars of special revenue bonds to replenish its unemployment compensation fund, through the Colorado Housing and Finance Authority.