Weyerhaeuser modernizes Flint River with continuous digester overhaul
- Weyerhaeuser investing $500 million for new fiberlines at Plymouth mill. Ferguson, Kelly H. // Pulp & Paper;Nov93, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p40
Reports on Weyerhaeuser Company's investment on dual continuous fiberlines as part of its modernization program. Weyerhaeuser's commitment to improved environmental performance; Upgrade of Plymouth, North Carolina mill; Fiberline auxiliary systems; Recycled-fiber system upgrade; Air pollution...
- Dryden mill fetches $520 million. // Pulp & Paper;Sep98, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p19
Reports on Weyerhaeuser Corp.'s purchase of an uncoated free-sheet mill in Dryden, Ontario previously owned by Avenor Incorporated. Estimated value of the mill.
- Weyerhaeuser shuts machine at N.C. mill. // Pulp & Paper;Jan2002, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p15
Reports on the decision of containerboard manufacturer Weyerhaeuser Co. to shut down a machine at its mill in Plymouth, North Carolina, as of January 2002. Brief information on the machine; Significance of the decision to the firm's operations.
- Weyco shuts Baltimore plant. // Pulp & Paper;Mar2008, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p7
The article reports that Weyerhaeuser is closing its corrugated plant in Baltimore, Maryland in mid-March 2008.
- Weyerhaeuser Upgrades La. Mill. // Official Board Markets;5/13/2006, Vol. 82 Issue 19, p8
The article reports on a capital project by Weyerhaeuser Co. to upgrade energy and power facilities at its Red River linerboard mill at Campti, central Louisiana. The $183.4 million investment will enhance reliability and boost the efficiency of the mill, the company's second biggest...
- Weyerhaeuser tries new crystallizer design to reduce fouling, cut power consumption. Rieke, Jim; Brinker, John // Pulp & Paper;Jul97, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p111
Focuses on Longview, Washington State-based paper mill Weyerhaeuser's installation of a high-solids crystallizer which reduces power use in the mill. Structure of the crystallizer; Rib design of the crystallizer; Comparison of the heat transfer performance of the enhanced heat exchanger tubes...
- Weyerhauser shuts recycled medium mill. // Pulp & Paper;Feb2003, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the move of Weyerhaeuser Co. for the permanent shut down of its recycled corrugating medium mill in Sturgeon Falls, Ontario on December 6, 2003. Impact of the shutdown on union workers of the company represented by the Communications, Energy and Paperworkers Union of Canada (CEP);...
- EPA regulatory reinvention program offers flexibility for Weyco Flint River. Ferguson, Kelly H. // Pulp & Paper;Aug98, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p65
Focuses on Weyerhaeuser Co.'s environmental improvement program at its Flint River mill in Oglethorpe, Georgia. Role of the minimum impact manufacturing (MIM) concept in eliminating process issues; United States Environmental Protection Authority's introduction of a program rewarding companies...
- Rebuild Improves Corrugating Medium Quality and Consistency at Weyerhaeuser. Cody, Harold M. // Pulp & Paper;Jan2002, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p53
Focuses on the completion of a capital project investment for improvement of a paper machine at a Weyerhaeuser mill in Valliant, Oklahoma. Background information on the facility; Details of the project; Outcome of the effort.