Unintended Negative Effects of Diversity Management
- Sexual Orientation in the Workplace: A Guide to Understanding and Managing Diversity. Levin, Rebecca // PA Times;Apr2004, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p7
Presents a guide to understanding and managing diversity in the workplace. Challenges in handling sexual orientation issues; Case for nondiscrimination.
- THE EXCLUSIVITY AND CONSEQUENCES OF DIVERSITY TRAINING. Mohamad, Oraynab; Tyner, Lee // Mustang Journal of Business & Ethics;2012, Issue 3, p62
The article examines the exclusivity and consequences of diversity training. It reveals that diversity programs were implemented by many companies to remove barriers for certain groups of employees. Diversity training supporters contend that to promote awareness of cultural, ethnic and gender...
- Sexual Orientation-Based Employment Discrimination: States' Experience with Statutory Prohibitions: GAO-02-878R. Shah, Dayna // GAO Reports;7/9/2002, p1
Twelve states and the District of Columbia have enacted laws that prohibit discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. The Employment Non-Discrimination Act of 2001 would make such discrimination a violation of federal law. Although state laws differ in some respects, they...
- Diversity at work. // Working Mother;Jun2004, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p49
Reports the efforts of the Best Companies for Women of Color initiative of the journal "Working Mother". Workplace experiences; Support of the companies they work for; Percent of working Hispanic employees; Asian employees; Top two discrimination charges against companies.
- Painting over the cracks. Overell, Stephen // Personnel Today;3/30/2004, p10
In a paint factory, who mixes the most colourful paint?enquires the Department of Trade and Industry in an advert to promote new equality laws. In the picture are three identical tins of paint labeled as Atheist yellow, Christian yellow and Hindu yellow. Preventing discrimination and promoting...
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS. // U.S. Black Engineer & Information Technology;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p13
Presents a schedule of conferences on diversity to be held in various countries around the world from January to October 2004.
- Embracing Diversity and Preventing Workplace Discrimination. Davis Jr., Elmer // Mortgage Banking;Jul2006, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p121
The article focuses on the need to embrace diversity and prevent workplace discrimination in the mortgage industry in the U.S. Organizations need the benefits of diversity in order to leverage similarities and appreciate differences. In addition, employers are required by law to avoid...
- DIVERSITY EFFORTS. Sweeney, Theresa // Credit Union Management;Aug2002, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p50
Reports on some U.S. employers' approach to their diverse workforce, according to a study by the National Association of Colleges and Employers. Percentage of employers which have annual diversity goals in hiring; Percentage that stated they conduct training in ethnic and racial diversity; One...
- Multicultural State: The Challenges for Employers. Connolly, Maura // Accountancy Ireland;Jun2007, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p30
The article focuses on the multicultural state of workplaces in Ireland. It discusses the employment equality legislation including The Employment Equality Acts 1998 to 2004 which defines discrimination as less favorable treatment of one person by comparison to another. It also cited the...