Unintended Negative Effects of Diversity Management
- THE EXCLUSIVITY AND CONSEQUENCES OF DIVERSITY TRAINING. Mohamad, Oraynab; Tyner, Lee // Mustang Journal of Business & Ethics;2012, Issue 3, p62
The article examines the exclusivity and consequences of diversity training. It reveals that diversity programs were implemented by many companies to remove barriers for certain groups of employees. Diversity training supporters contend that to promote awareness of cultural, ethnic and gender...
- Sexual Orientation in the Workplace: A Guide to Understanding and Managing Diversity. Levin, Rebecca // PA Times;Apr2004, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p7
Presents a guide to understanding and managing diversity in the workplace. Challenges in handling sexual orientation issues; Case for nondiscrimination.
- Debunking diversity. Tremayne, Jessica // Smart Business Philadelphia;Apr2009, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p9
The article discusses the significance of diversity on business in the U.S. According to several business experts, there is a relevant impact on adopting diversity in businesses and cites its positive contributions to the acceleration of profits and employees' welfare as well. Furthermore, the...
- Diversity at work. // Working Mother;Jun2004, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p49
Reports the efforts of the Best Companies for Women of Color initiative of the journal "Working Mother". Workplace experiences; Support of the companies they work for; Percent of working Hispanic employees; Asian employees; Top two discrimination charges against companies.
- Les politiques de gestion de la diversitÃ© dans les organisations : Proposition de typologie Ã l'usage des chercheurs et des entreprises. HAAS, AURORE; SHIMADA, SAKURA // Management International / International Management / GestiÃ³n I;Winter2014, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p14
This research establishes a framework for implementing diversity policies in organizations and offers suggested avenues for action. Contextualizing the discussion within the emergence and evolution of diversity in the USA and in France, the authors illustrate the contextual contingency of the...
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS. // U.S. Black Engineer & Information Technology;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p13
Presents a schedule of conferences on diversity to be held in various countries around the world from January to October 2004.
- Sexual Orientation-Based Employment Discrimination: States' Experience with Statutory Prohibitions: GAO-02-878R. Shah, Dayna // GAO Reports;7/9/2002, p1
Twelve states and the District of Columbia have enacted laws that prohibit discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. The Employment Non-Discrimination Act of 2001 would make such discrimination a violation of federal law. Although state laws differ in some respects, they...
- Debunking diversity. Tremayne, Jessica // Smart Business Columbus;Apr2009, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p10
The article provides information on the significance of diversity in the workplace to the development of business operations. Accordingly, diversity was adopted by most of the companies in the U.S. and cites its contribution to their operations and employees' welfare. Meanwhile, it also...
- Painting over the cracks. Overell, Stephen // Personnel Today;3/30/2004, p10
In a paint factory, who mixes the most colourful paint?enquires the Department of Trade and Industry in an advert to promote new equality laws. In the picture are three identical tins of paint labeled as Atheist yellow, Christian yellow and Hindu yellow. Preventing discrimination and promoting...