Illinois' Ryan Dips Into Bag of Tricks to Fix Stalled Budget
- Illinois Governor Cuts $485 Million of Budget. // Bond Buyer;12/3/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31276, p50
Reports on the total budget cut for the fiscal year 2002 by Governor George Ryan in Illinois. Reason for the implementation of budget cuts; Request of legislative assistance for the dissemination of the budget cuts by Ryan; Opposition of House Speaker Michael Madigan to the budget cuts...
- Money Matters. Abarbanel, Jonathan // Back Stage;03/10/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p54
Reports on the 2001 budget for the Illinois Arts Council (IAC) proposed by Illinois Governor George Ryan. Amount of budget proposed by Ryan; Campaign pledge of Ryan on the funding of IAC; Reasons the proposed budget may still increase.
- Job Cuts, Not Taxes. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/20/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31328, p32
Reports on Illinois governor George Ryan's proposed fiscal budget for the year 2003. Number of jobs proposed to be cut in the budget; Amount of reductions made in the budget compared to the previous one; Reasons for these cuts.
- Ryan weighs clemency. // State Government News;Apr2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p8
Reports the moratorium imposed by Illinois Governor George Ryan on executions in January 2000 to consider whether to commute the sentences of the inmates on the state's death row.
- Ryan's campaign machine is on a record-setting roll. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;08/17/98, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p3
Presents information on the fund-raising campaign being used by George Ryan of the Republican Party. Amount of money raised by the campaign for the first half of 1998; Details on the campaign; Identification of the family which gave the largest single donation.
- For Gov. Ryan, biggest job is rebuilding confidence. // Crain's Chicago Business;02/07/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p10
Editorial. Focuses on the role of Governor George Ryan on the economy of Chicago, Illinois. Insights on the contribution of Ryan in promoting community infrastructure programs; Comment on the involvement of Ryan in the driver licensing corruption scandal; Impact of the scandal on public...
- Scandal-Dogged Illinois Governor Opts Not to Seek Second Term. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31200, p3
Reports that Illinois Governor George Ryan will not run for a second term. Achievements of Ryan; Public works program; Bonds issued under Ryan.
- Illinois Gov. wants to get rid of tolls. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;09/10/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30723, p1
Reports on the plan of Illinois Governor George Ryan's plan to dismantle the state's tollway system. Search for a way to retire $900 million of outstanding toll revenue debt; Illinois State Toll Highway Authority's call for a toll increase.
- Illinois governor asks for more study of toll elimination. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/09/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30784, p4
Reports that Governor George Ryan has asked Illinois toll highway officials to continue working on a report on the feasibility of dismantling the 44-year-old toll system. Multiple reform scenarios; Reduction of the size of the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority.